Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Dj Having problem with Milkdrop 7 and 8 plugin install

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using both VDJ 7 and 8 and have been trying to get the Milkdrop 7 and 8 plugin, I can download the exe files and the computer tells me it has installed successfully, however I cannot find the dll file where it should be in documents VDj plugin visualization folder. I ve searched everywher in the computer which is a laptop running vista. I've messaged Scott the program designer and this is his reply, Check your Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Visualisations folder for the milkdrop8.dll file.

Unfortunately the plugin installer places more than just a dll.

Check what your HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDJ\HomeFolder registry key is set to.

Please also note the the effect shows up under Visualisations, not under VideoEffect.

As I've said It's not where it should be, how do I check the HKEY and what should the registry key be set to. This milkdrop plugin should be just included standard in the software anyway any help would be appreciated. I'm using a fully paid pro version. Thanks

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 4:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The advice about the registry key was in case it's set to a non-default location and then you would be looking in the wrong location for the file. If you are not comfortable using the registry editor then do not do this.

Have checked if the effect is listed in v8 as a visualisation?

Is there a folder called Milkdrop Presets in Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins?

If the install is successful but the plugin doesn't exist after install then it seems likely that something on your system - AV for example - is removing it.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 9:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)