Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Comment field still not actualize?!? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

@Adion:
The problem for me and most other user is that you don't have any clue what is in the comment-tag "behind" the comment you tagged.
In Itunes (and nearly any other program) you see the same comment, even if they use the comment-tag for other things (as mix***es obviously).
These other comments exists, but is "invisible" for the user.
Why can't VDJ use this tag as other programs? Obviously they can handle this and choose the 'correct' one.
BTW:
I can't understand the advantage to have different comments for the same file. I want the same comment for the same file in all programs I use, but that's another story;o)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 9:35 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I only can tell you why this was as it is in V7.
When i remember right was the idea behind not to update the comment filed by default to protect the DJ.
It is more common to change/enter during a Gig the comment field with some Gig/Track related details.

Like, works after Track xyz or do not use at 2:30min etc etc.

This will get lost at anytime when you try to reload the TAG.

That's why i still act like i wrote above and it looks like i have ignorred the new action Aidon was talking about.
But more or less it seems to be the same idea behind.

Only when the user will change this option then you will overwrite the comment and you will loose some VDJ written comments ;-)
Sad thing is, this was also new to me.

Guess i have to studdy again the manual or the options itself.
Maybe i have missed more of this little helper :-)

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 3:37 am
Haui70 wrote :

It is more common to change/enter during a Gig the comment field with some Gig/Track related details.

Like, works after Track xyz or do not use at 2:30min etc etc.

This will get lost at anytime when you try to reload the TAG.

Agree to you Haui, but imO this new entries should be saved to the files in just this moment, not temporary in the db. So a new reload via batch would not erase those comments. If I edit a comment on the fly I want this comment to be stored in the tag to prevent lost of information.

I don't see any advantage for this "temporary" handling of information...

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 6:01 am
Well, I just want to say thank you.
Seems to be fixed with the latest beta (2135).
Well done ;o)

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 5:21 am
I am having the same issue. This work around is fine if you realize a track in VDJ is not the same as you entered in iTunes. I found a few of them. My concern is...I can't go and manually compare every track in VDJ to iTunes to make sure VDJ is showing the same as I listed in iTunes. I just happen to run accross a track(s) when I was in VDJ and didn't see the track "comments" as I listed in iTunes. I too solely do all my editing in iTunes...too many tracks to do a mass editing in VDJ. Often as I dj, I have to add/change comment of the file after I loaded in VDJ and used it. It is great we can hit reload iTunes icon in VDJ and reload tracks...just need VDJ to reload/update the comments correctly also. I need to be able to trust that ALL VDJ comments are the same as I have listed in iTunes... Just saying! (8.0.0 MacBook Pro - Build 2144.933) STILL A ISSUE 2/7/15 5:22pm CST HELP

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 5:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can select all your iTunes music, then do a batch->reload tags on them.
Note that this of course would overwrite changes made from within vdj in case they are not saved to the tag.

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 9:04 pm
Don't work with the latest beta! (Mac build 2229)
michaeldjp wrote :
...just need VDJ to reload/update the comments correctly also. I need to be able to trust that ALL VDJ comments are the same as I have listed in iTunes...

absolutely right. Any workaround for this issue (comment should be after length in first screenshot)?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
getCommentFromTags is enabled?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:53 am
Hi Adion,
Yes, getCommentfromTags is enabled, see actual screenshot:

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 1:23 am
OK, I didn't changed anything, but if I reload tags from an ITunes Playlist in VDJ, the comment-tag is actualized.
So red alert is stopped, works fine.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 1:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)