Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [HELP!!] A. Cue Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm in dire need for help from the Gods to fix this A. Cue Scratch issue. I went onto the Virtual DJ Script Sample page and found the A. Cue Script. I did exactly what it says on the page including the adding of a key to activate the A. Cue. When I touch my Jogwheel to scratch, I can see the small triangle each time I touch the Jog on the waveform but when I let it go, it doesn't do what it supposed to do and repeat where I first touched it. Any help would be greatly appreciated -- the VDJ isn't jumping to the Cue point where I touch the controller for scratching. Essentially, I want to get that Stutter effect such as "Ah. Ah. Ah... Ah... Ah yeah". Can someone please be so kind as to help me with this? I tried both examples and they aren't working.

This is what it shows on the VDJ page:

Quote :
This feature will jump to the current cue point when the jogwheel is touched, allowing you to scratch from that point. Once the jogwheel is released, it will jump back to the cue point again and continue playing the song from that point.

If no cue point is currently set, then this can also be used to set the cue point by scratching. The cue point will be set when you release the jogwheel.

NOTE: This will only work on controllers that have touch-sensitive jogwheels.

Map a button to toggle this feature on/off:

toggle 'acue'

Then add the following to the jogwheel's touch sensor mapping (Usually named JOG_TOUCH):

& var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

E.g:

touchwheel_touch & var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

If you don't want it to jump back to the cue point again after performing your scratch, add the following to the jogwheel's touch sensor instead of the above:

& var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? play : set_cue

NOTE: If the button for toggling A.Cue scratch mode on/off is not on the same side of the controller, or is in the middle mixer section (If it has one), then you will need to use '$acue' for the variable name above instead of 'acue'.

NOTE: On a Hercules 4-Mx or 4Set, please use the following for JOG_TOUCH:

touchwheel_touch & var '$acue' ? play ? hot_cue ? stop & goto_cue & play : nothing : play : nothing

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 6:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)