Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 isn't loading the tunes in full length

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been answered already but I couldn't find any posts about this bug.

If I load a song onto the deck which is 3:45 minutes in length, VDJ8 will only load 2:31 minutes, so the song will be cut short before the end. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I've never had this problem with VDJ7.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We will need such a file to test here. Could you please upload one to a server or Dropbox and post the link here ?

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 5:41 pm
djdad wrote :
We will need such a file to test here. Could you please upload one to a server or Dropbox and post the link here ?

Hi djdad,

All the files I have are normal mp3s converted from itunes mp4s or bought from Amazon. All legal files here :). I actually don't have access to a dropbox or anything to post the files.

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 3:50 am
Update:

I think I've narrowed down what the problem is. VDJ 8 doesn't like some WMA files and doesn't load them fully. It doesn't seem to have a problem with MP3s.

Seriously,....... am I the only one getting this issue????? Should I report this as a bug?

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 4:50 am
Nope, I had it as well, narrowed it down to 30-40 files that I had bought quite a long time ago from somewhere,maybe o2, I just replaced all of those files with new MP3's and problem solved.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 11:44 am
Maybe I should report this as a bug, because the files I have are about 8 - 12 years old as well. Only thing is there are about four thousand WMA files which I don't care to spend days re-exporting.

VDJ 7 didn't have this problem, so I don't understand why this problem exists in VDJ 8.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 12:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You already have a member of the staff willing to look at this. You've pretty much "reported a bug". You need to provide them with a file that is affected by this so they can see what is causing the issue.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 8:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)