Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone pre-listening config.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am not able to pre-listen to another deck using VDJ8Pro and a Gemini G2V controller. I could do this before I installed the controller using the built in laptop soundcard ( for the headphones ), and an AESUS Xonar U3 Digital USB external soundcard (as the master output to a pair of powered speakers). I am not using these because the controller has a built in soundcard. Can someone please advise me how I can get to pre-listen another song for beat matching using any combination of the 3 soundcards or just the controller ?

I read the tech article here that says VDJ does not support this yet,.. ? I'm old school and enjoy beat matching by ear (headphones), but more importantly, i'm not a for hire dj but my family tree loves to party. As I said earlier, I could do this before I installed the controller, but it was difficult using a mouse, and required a headphone amplifier because the audio was not loud enough when pumping out 2400 watts inside a house. I

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 11:05 am
Ok ... got it, it dawned on me after i sent the first one,.. i made the ASUS External USB soundcrad as the master ( with the built in eq and surround sound capabilities ) and the controller sound card is the headphones, it will require an amp though, the audio is low.

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)