Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [VDJ Script] Read value of brakstart and brakestop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've posted in another topic, but no answer so I'm trying a more direct approach.

Is there a way to read the value of brakestart and brakestop function? I only have endless encoders on my players and mapping them to brakestart allows me to change the ramp time, but I can't figure out how to preview what value is currently set.

With BrakeStart Effect i can use "get_effect_slider_text" to display value of effect knob. Is there a way to do something similar with brakestart function?

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 4:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You will need a textzone on a skin with action="brakestart" instead of format="". Havent tried it though, but it should return some value.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 5:15 pm
I wanted to have it on the player screen but that doesn't matter at the moment. I've tried casting it to text, integer, and percentage and unfortunately it returns only true/false, 0/1, 100%/0% and so on. Brakespeed and startupspeed mapped on knob change the lenght of the effect so it has to be kept somewhere. Any idea where?

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 11:37 am
Here is an example... I modified a textzone in the default 2 decks skin...e.g. i used the Key textzone and replaced the key action with this..
<textzone>
<pos x="+433+31" y="+63"/>
<size width="32" height="15"/>
<text size="15" color="#E1E1E1" align="left" action="brakespeed & param_cast 'percentage'"/>
<text size="15" color="#E1E1E1" align="left" action="get_key"/>
<text size="15" color="#E1E1E1" align="left" action="get_key_modifier"/>
</textzone>

So the textzone now shows what i want.. (i used a custom slider, you can use your controller knob of course)

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:23 pm
OK, now I'm stumped. I used the LCD_PITCH field in my mapping and it works there. When i turn the knob mapped to brakespeed it changes from 0 to 100% on players LCD screen (actually 0.00 to 1.00 but that's not important). BUT, when I use the same command in TEXT1 (default mapping for this field is "get text 1" and it displays the tile of the track) it behaves as boolean. Moreover when brakespeed is off, the display says "on", "100%" or "1" depending on cast. When it's even slightly on i get "0%", "off" or "0". I've used this field to display loop lenght, effect slider no problem, but breakspeed just insists on being defiant. Again - any ideas?

P.S. Big thanks for your help so far. I really appreciate you took time and even edited skin for this.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 7:21 pm
which device is the one you use ?
probably expects a text so try ..
brakespeed & param_cast 'text'
or try ..
`brakespeed & param_cast 'text'`
or
`brakespeed`

EDIT. Ah its the HS5500.. Hmm i see a very tricky definition here and the unit has some special actions (e.g. the get text 1 and get text 2). Denon encoding.. If the above dont work.. i really have no idea lol

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 9:05 pm
Believe me I've tried every cast available, "text" returns on/off. Brakespeed alone doesn't work either. For now I've mapped custom knob on the skin to brakespeed, and Brake led on HS5500 to show me when it's active. It actually gives me all I've wanted in terms of functionality so it works, but it doesn't work exactly how I wanted so I will be losing some sleep over this. Once again thank you for your help.

P.S. Is there a way to edit built in HID mapping for HS5500?

EDIT: I just now noticed the proposition with inverted apostrophe. I will check it tonight as I've left my players in the club.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 8:02 am
Tried:
`brakespeed & param_cast 'text'`
and
`brakespeed`
No luck. Think it's time to give up..

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 2:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)