Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Itunes - Playlist Order Not Matching
Hi Guys,

had some feedback from the forum so have downloaded VDJ.

The one big thing for me is having all the playlists from iTunes available in VDJ as i use iTunes as my music manager especially the order i place tracks in my playlists. On opening VDJ 8 the playlists don't match the order i have the playlists in iTunes! Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks in advance for your help with this request.

Iain

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 1:26 pm
Did expect some input but fortunately have solved this one myself.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 4:57 pm
I have the same problem. How did you solve this?

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 1:42 pm
right click on the field area (artist / track / bpm etc) and choose - 'reset sort order'.

that should do it for you.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 8:09 am
thank you!

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 4:32 pm
You are the man!!!!!! I just switched to mac and, although it's been somewhat painless so far, I was having trouble with a playlist song order last night (in a gig, lol).

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:17 am
Sorry you had to solve that on your own, but seriously thank you!! I was about to put a fist through a wall. I saw a bunch of forums around this where everyone was just like adapt to it. As a wedding DJ I have certain things that I like to set up in a particular order and run down the list for events in a quick manner...playlist set up is important. Any way I digress, thanks again this worked like a charm.

Posted Wed 16 Mar 16 @ 10:47 pm
I agree that all works fine, my only problem is "recently played" playlist which is never the same as iTunes, I find this useful when playing tracks on my phone and then referring back to iTunes to things I think sounded good, they do transfer to iTunes on my Mac but it doesn't correspond when I open it in Virtual DJ even when selecting "sort order". Is anyone else having this problem or has a solution. Many thanks.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 7:33 am
OH THANK YOU!!!! IVE BEEN GOING NUTS!!!!!

Posted Thu 21 Dec 17 @ 11:29 pm
panrasControlleristMember since 2010
still having trouble with this. when i right click, it only gives me the option to select artist title, bpm and no reset sort order

Posted Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 9:49 pm
bourdetPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I tried to find the "sort order" but no luck. We are talking VirtualDJ 8 right? I'm using High Sierra for the first time and not to be able to have my iTunes playlists replicated is the right order is making this way too hard. Any insight is appreciated.

Posted Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 11:47 pm
Anyone here managed to find an answer to this question?
(I confirm the reset order option is not available on my VDJ 2021)

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 7:07 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
"Reset sort order" is on top of menu that appears by right click on columns headers of playlists ONLY IF
- sort order was not altered
- playlist was sorted by a column
- files were rearranged ONLY
Left most square column header makes it reappear but somehow "randomizes" initial sort order the list

This is a real problem VDJ don't see any difference between "original sort order" and "previous order"
so that adding a track to a list make it remove the "reset sort order" menu entry
reset sort order can only apply to list sorted but with no modification

as well, "order" column is fixed, when adding a track anywhere in a list, it goes on keeping the order it was having in directory or any other top value, but do not insert between (or after or before) tracks present in the list

so that you get multiple lines with same "order" in a simple list and can't reset any order
making "reset original sort order" disappear

remove duplicates create holes and resetting order using LEFT MOST column give many 1 and 2 tracks and possibly holes in numbering
BUT IT MAKES "Reset original sort order" APPEAR AGAIN with a "random" sort order (may be adding order or last played ?)

you need to manualy "reorder" once (i.e.: set new tracks again to correct position, or swap 2 files) and sort again by order in a way to renumber the column correctly and no hole in numbering

finally it appears in karaoke list, but sort was disabled in last build :\

in any case "Reset original sort order" mostly appears when not needed at all with rare exceptions
these are clearly BUGS

Posted Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 8:18 am
Fabulous :-)

Posted Mon 29 May 23 @ 10:36 am