Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do i change the Virtual DJ 7 default skin in Virtual DJ 8?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I upgraded from LE to 8 Pro yesterday.

The VDJ 8 default skin is very poor compared to the VDJ 7 default skin in my opinion, so i’m currently using the latest VDJ 7 default skin.

However there are a few things that are different for some reason.

The background colour is still grey & the fonts are different. One of the main pluses about the VDJ 7 skin is the fact that it’s so crisp & clear, with a black background & slightly lighter stripes. The XML file says that it should be black as it’s just the VDJ 7 default skin, but it isn’t.

How do i change it?

Every time i open up VDJ 8, the sync button on my Pioneer DDJ WEGO doesn’t work & i have to press the shift button to activate it.

This was the response from djdad regarding the issue:

‘FYI, we have changed the default mapping for the Wego recently and removed the forced manual masterdeck feature. So from now on, the masterdeck will launch on auto and wont have to do that everytime you launch VirtualDj’

But that hasn’t changed for me?

After typing in the search bar for a song, in VDJ 7 you can just click in the bar & it will erase the entry, whereas now you have to manually highlight it or press backspace a number of times to delete the entry

Another major thing for me is the waveform under the song title. In VDJ 7 the waveform is grey & the goes red/blue as the song elapses. In VDJ 8 it’s already red/blue but instead, just highlights as the song elapses. This can be confusing & looks cheap.

How do i revert to the old method?

A lot of the responses to questions like these have been met with ‘there are lots of skins to choice from that may be more suitable’ but the VDJ 7 skin is the one i want but with these issues resolved.

Any help is much appreciated!

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJMaxwellC wrote :
After typing in the search bar for a song, in VDJ 7 you can just click in the bar & it will erase the entry, whereas now you have to manually highlight it or press backspace a number of times to delete the entry

Or press the little x. This was much requested behaviour and so was implemented in VDJ8.

DJMaxwellC wrote :
Another major thing for me is the waveform under the song title. In VDJ 7 the waveform is grey & the goes red/blue as the song elapses. In VDJ 8 it’s already red/blue but instead, just highlights as the song elapses. This can be confusing & looks cheap.

How do i revert to the old method?

You can't as far as I know. You can change the colour scheme used, but grey isn't one of them.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 8:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)