Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Effect Tail End

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can I turn off an effect, but let the tail end roll out. For Example, when I disable the reverb, I don't want it to abruptly cut off. I would like it to finish gracefully on exit. This comes in useful for things like drum snares. I'd like to quickly enable the reverb on a Drum Snare, then disable, but have the reverb on the snare continue to fade out.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 9:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's not easy but think like this

Deck 1 is playing, you press a button, what happens next is, deck 1 is cloned to deck 3, deck 3 has reverb on it, deck 1 is muted, you press the button again. and deck 3 is stopped (the reverb decays) at the same time deck 1 is unmuted

Try this on a deck 1 custom button, on a 4 deck skin (this can be rewritten to be neater but this is just an example of what's possible )

toggle '$tail' & var '$tail' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 effect_active 'reverb' 1 & deck 1 level 0% : deck 3 stop & deck 1 level 100%

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:41 am
It would make sense to have a 'send' control for things like this.

With a 'send', the reverb could be left on - but would not get audio from the deck until the 'send' was on/up.

Then when the 'send' is off/lowered the tail will be there because the effect is still on.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 4:33 am
Maybe a bypass button would fit better with how V8 deals with effects.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:46 pm
hmmm, So, it isn't currently possible to send? Or is this a controller mapping issue that requires programming on my part?

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 10:13 am
Try this on a deck 1 custom button, on a 4 deck skin (this can be rewritten to be neater but this is just an example of what's possible )

toggle '$tail' & var '$tail' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 effect_active 'reverb' 1 & deck 1 level 0% : deck 3 stop & deck 1 level 100%

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 8:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)