Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [How to?] More than 1 browser elements can be displayed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Quote :
More than 1 <browser> elements can be also displayed, and those can be also numbered

how does it work?
<browser>.... </browser>
<browser>....</browser>

will show 2 browser but with same content. How to buid 2 Browser with diffent ID and diffrent content?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:45 pm
You want two to show at the same time?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:49 pm
yes....look in skin SDK:
The browser element sets the space that will be used to draw VirtualDJ's Browser (Folders list, Songs List, Sideview, Info). More than 1 <browser> elements can be also displayed, and those can be also numbered

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:18 pm
2 examples:

but want to show 2 diffrent browser. Now both parts will show same content. For rebuild a very comlex Database i just want to copy and paste betweenn both <Browser>

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:23 pm
@mods
[How to?] More than 1 elements can be displayed

should be looks like
[How to?] More than 1 <Bowser> elements can be displayed
and was automaticly corrected. Can someone please fix this?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:37 pm
Bear in mind that there is only one VDJ database...

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:39 pm
I think the function of multiple browsers visible at the same time to do what you want is not available at the moment.

I will check and update the WIKI accordingly.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 4:39 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
I will check and update the WIKI accordingly.

ETA?

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 9:02 am
as you see in my pictures its possible to show 2 browser. In the SDK is written something about "numbering" the browsers. Can someone of the developer tell us the syntax for numbering? Maybe this allows to show different content.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 9:30 am
I think numbering the browsers is to enable switching between them, like panels - not to enable multiple browsers.

For instance, the numbering is used to switch between a regular size or full screen browser.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 9:35 am
lets hear, what the dev tell us

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 10:08 am
You won't be able to see different content in two browsers.

As I said before, there is only one database. The browser accesses the database.

Highlight a track in the normal browser, then switch to the full screen one. See, the same track is highlighted!

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 10:21 am
Initially it was intended to have multiple browser, that could show different content.

This is currently not working. The SDK was written during beta and some elements are not implemented or not working as originally intended in the currnt release. Likewise there are some new features that need to be added to the SDK.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 11:03 am
groovindj wrote :

ETA?

Going to make some time this evening or tomorrow to get some SDK work done.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 11:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)