Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Amercan Audio 10MXR and Virtual DJ config settings not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

migmaticControlleristMember since 2014
Hi everyone, apologies if this post has already made its way to the forums but I cant seem to find anything on it. I'm hoping somebody could give me some advice please.

Ive been running an American Audio 10MXR together with VDJ LE that it got bundled with. Its been running fine for about a month and all of a sudden its not playing ball.

The problem is that when I go to config, VDJ wont allow me to set my mixer as my output. The config (which previously worked) that I'm trying to set up is: Inputs - None, Outputs - External Mixer, Soundcard - Asio Driver. The options are all there, just when I hit apply it wont have it. I'm trying to get sound playing through my mixer as one would expect and not through my laptop.

I have tried reinstalling the latest version of VDJ LE, I have reinstalled the Asio driver from the American Audio website (I think its version 1.2) and I have updated all my drivers on my laptop. The mixer is connected and is working. As Ive said, I just cant get VDJ to let me choose my mixer as my output. Also if I try and and click on the Asio config button, it doesn't open up to its options. I am running Windows 8.1.

I cant wrap my head around it, it was all working fine and all of a sudden nothing. Has anybody had the same problem or have any ideas as to what I can do? Is it possibly a firmware update I need for the mixer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am quite a newbie to all things tech so take it easy on me, lol.

Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 8:13 am
are u running turntable or cdjs with the external mixer as in timecode setup?

how did u have this set up before that it worked and what has changed in that setup now ?

I assume since u say u are using LE that is Version 7 LE?

i think if u are trying to do everything from the American audio 10mxr with no external decks (IE. CDJs or Turntables) external mixer might be wrong setting for you.....

according to this video from the maker the disc walks you through setup -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCpSRA4YcU#t=498

maybe do a fresh install of the LE and let it decide the settings for you..... it should all be built in (just make sure you do not delete the database or u will need to rescan all tracks)

good luck.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 8:37 am
migmaticControlleristMember since 2014
I didnt have CDJs connected when it was working. I did try and setup my timecode but something went wrong and somehow timecode does not even come up in the config options now.

When it was working it was just my mixer and VDJ LE (yes its 7) As Ive mentioned the config then was no input, external mixer as output and Asio driver as soundcard. Ive tried reverting to this without the CDJs but it still doesnt work. Ive tried reinstalling VDJ and the Asio driver but no luck either. The options are there, VDJ just wont allow me to apply those options as my config setup.

Is it my soundcard/driver or VDJ?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)