Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MIDI Clock...............(How to set it up??)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well I see we now have the Midi clock in 8 but when I go in and right click activate the clock VDJ still does not show up in Resolume.

What am I doing wrong here?? Any setup help would be greatly appreciated 👌

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:14 am
PC or Mac?

You probably need to run some sort of routing software that creates a virtual MIDI cable between VDJ and Resolume.

What are you right clicking to activate the clock? What does the text/option say?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:46 am
Well I'm on a Mac using an NS7 (which doesn't send a clock out) so I just clicked on a blank space where out controller names are and checked Midi clock.

Next I open Resolume assuming VDJ would show up but nothing related to VDJ is there.

Why would I need yet ANOTHER piece of software to get this to work?? Shouldn't I be able to turn the clock on the VDJ would show up in any software I choose?? At least in my mind that makes sense, am I missing something here?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:24 am
What you're missing is that the list of devices is hardware.

So for instance if you had a hardware MIDI interface connected to your Mac, then you'd see a MIDI output listed there.

Software MIDI in/outs don't get listed. MIDI is still regarded as a hardware thing.

In the same way that a plug is required for VDJ to communicate with Freestyler, something needs to emulate a MIDI interface in order for it to be listed in VDJ as an output.

I see there's one for Mac called MidiPipe. There's another called MIDI Patchbay.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Well no, you need something to pass MIDI data between applications - MIDI doesn't have a concept of applications. The MIDI data has to be sent to a port - and that port will be on a device, either real or virtual.

So on the PC you would use something like loopbe1, and on the Mac you would probably just set up a virtual port. VirtualDJ opens the output port and sends the data, Resolume opens the input port and receives the data.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:56 am

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 12:03 pm
Ok I get it now, Thanks fellas!!

Now only if I could launch lighting cues from ShowXpress from VDJ we'd be on a roll......

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 12:29 pm
Yeah yeah, I know, that plugin is still a WIP.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 12:31 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
running on PC, I can't find midi clock. running v2048

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:05 pm
It was added in build 2059.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:13 pm
ok I found where I read it, on the wiki page, not the sticky post. So you have to have your controller connected to activate it? Or can I activate it on my loopbe?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:16 pm
Loopbe would in fact be the recommended thing to activate it on for PC users.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:36 pm
Ok I got it figured out. I was expecting to find the setting in the Options menu. After I re-read above a few times I figured out to right click on the Midi driver you have installed from the controller button settings in config. In my case, the LoopBe; to transfer the signal to my DMX software. Works like a champ! Glad to have it back!

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 8:07 pm
Ok the IAC driver is working but when I opened VDJ it has a mapping attached to it??

This was causing conflicts with Resolume so I went back into VDJ and just hit ignore for the mapping, this in return disconnected the IAC driver so I had to reconnect it and everything is good now mapping wise.

I noticed that the BPM isn't as steady as I'd like but I can work with it!!

So once again Thank You 👌 This is one step closer for me.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 8:09 pm
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Is the PC version available?

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 4:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)