Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Load to song to the non playing deck.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jasmupPRO InfinityMember since 2013
hey VDJ Fam, I got a new Orbit and it's great! I can DJ all over the place in my evens now!!! THANK YOU DJ DAD & PhantomDeejay you guys Rock! I've got a new mapping prob now. i can't map a button to loading a song to the deck that is currently not playing. I've tried this Script ( deck default Load ) and it will not work. the reaction l would like to have is the same one you get when your playing a song on a deck (1 or 2) and you double click a song in your browser window. The song will move into the deck that is not playing at the time. I also Really liked this verb ( browser_enter) too be the same issues . if anyone can help that would be awesome!
thanks guys
Jasmup

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 1:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
browser_enter action would indeed do the jog. Doesnt it work for you ?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 6:38 am
no for some reason it does not. i wonder if its something with the setting that i did. i may need to reset to default setting.

I could event live with a light on the orbit showing me what side is currently playing music

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 6:14 am
WAIT!!! i forgot!!! the orbit is now setup like a dual-deck controllers !!!!! so now enter browser & load only do that for the side the button is on, so if i map a left button it works on the left deck. anyone know a way around this for me now?

the part be low is from the example page of mapping

The controller definitions for dual-deck controllers such as the Hercules DJ Console RMX, Denon DN-HC4500, etc. are setup so that each button only needs to be mapped once (E.g: PLAY is mapped once to play_pause instead of needing to map it twice (Once for each deck.)

This is done for convenience and to make the mapping considerably simpler, because in most cases, the button, knob, etc. will perform the same function on both sides.

However, you can make a mapping perform different functions for each side by using device_side, e.g:

device_side 'left' ? sampler play_stop : effect active

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 6:32 am
ldk if this is easier to do but i just want to know what deck the music it playing on. if i can get the play light to flicker or just map one button to light up when a deck is playing, i can ran with that.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you need a single button to load to the 1st available (paused or empty) deck, despite the fact that this button is deck assigned , you could map it as..
deck left play ? deck right play ? nothing (or sidelist_add) : deck right load : deck left load

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 1:24 pm
DJDad your on the 100% on the same page as me but that still did not work.

I even try mixing it up a lil to see if that would work
leftdeck play ? rightdeck play ? nothing (or sidelist_add) : rightdeck load : leftdeck load

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 9:07 am
kakos7PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello from Greece!
I play with virtual dj 8, Mac book, and Denon HC4500....
i put songs to decks and the deck 1 play the songs the deck 2 NO!
How can i solve this problem?

thanx in advance!

Posted Sat 28 Feb 15 @ 10:53 am
Please dont post the same Q in multiple threads and especially in irrelevant ones
You have already posted this in a different thread and reply has been provided as well

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 1:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)