Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Where are your cues / POI saved? In database? How to keep cues when moving files.... anyone?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

RIght now I dont use any cues because I regularly have to copy files between laptops etc and sometimes change my dir structure.

How can I keep the CUEs even if I copy to another Dir or computer etc.?

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 9:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you want to copy your files to a different dir ALWAYS use the VDJ Browser to performe this operations. That way the VDJ database will be updated.

If you want to move files from one PC to another it is recommended to use the same file/ folder structure and same drive letters. Then just copy your files and make sure you copy the "VirtualDJ" folder in the root of the drive too.

If you messed up big time, you could try my little tool I wrote once.
It basically uses your Virtualdj database (you have to choose which one), opens it, runs through all entries and checks if the file at the path stored in the database is still present. If not it will searach a drive/folder (you also have to specify the search path in the programm) if the file could be found in any of this folder (file name has to be the same as strored in the db, if you chaned them, your lost :P ) and correts the db path to the new location of the file.

Note: Use at your own risc! Always backup all your existing database files first!

The tool could be found here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12859/ReFile_-_Relocate_your_lost_music_files.html

It was written for Version 7 but it can handle V8 database too.

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 10:57 am
wow.. very helpful! Thanks for the great reply.. Will check your tool too.

Thanks a lot!

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 12:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)