Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Script needed for FADE (VDJ8)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have not use VDJ8 live yet. I like to give 8 a try cause I'm am behind all the excitement.

I don't use controller, I only use PC/Mouse and keyboard mapping.

In VDJ7, there was a plugin FADE (by Clax) that I use all the time but NONE for VDJ8.
I tried that plugin to VD8 and it don't work.

is there a workaround (I see a lot of workaround here in the forum, hoping there is one) that I can script and map a key to accomplish this ?

If so, could someone show me the script ? TIA.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 8:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you use "Filter keys" (an ease of access option set by the o/s) then (with the right script) while you hold a key and it will drop a volume a preset rate
(but using filter keys means all scripts that count on the usual pulsing of a keyboard need to be adapted with a " & repeat Xms " )

Something like (below) should drop from full to 0 in 3 seconds.
 volume -1% & repeat 30ms

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:55 pm
thanks loco but not exactly what I had in mind.

I was looking for a script that act exactly like the FADE plugin (push a button/click/activate and it will fade by itself and stops, no need to be holding the button).
This feature is really important for me. I also use remote control to FADE the song playing and use remote to load and play the next song in list.
It comes in handy when I do sweet 16 candle speech.

Right now, I am still stuck with v7 due to:
1. FADE PLUGIN (something basic but missing in v8)
2. SLIDESHOW (not working well, it ignores when you add pics to the folder when it already active thru the config/options/video/videoaudioonlyvisualisation-slideshow). Using this to show pics taken during the party. And, you can't even turn it off and on so it will accept the newly added pics, it totally ignores it, needs VDJ to shutdown in order to work.
3. CAMERA (I have not tested this, I'm waiting for the 2 above to be fixed/included, then I move on).

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 7:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)