Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: numark mixer not working with time coded vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hiya Everyone, purchased a esi Maya 44 usb + sound card to try tcv, I've managed to get it sort of working although the pitch control on the turntables isn't in sync with vdj 7, I can't get the mixer to operate at all I've set up the rca cables as recommended but the sound card only picks up the turntable...

Two technics 1210
Numark dxm 06 24 bit digital
Esi Maya 44 + usb sound card

Any advice will be really helpful...

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:54 am
georgieporgie82 wrote :
I've set up the rca cables as recommended

As recommended where?

Remember, we can't see how you've set things up. You will have to explain what it is that you've done so far, and what you're expecting to work/happen.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:43 pm
Sorry, I should have made the inital message more clear.
I want to be able to you my mixer as an external mixer as in being able to use the crossfader in conjunction with vdj 7... The program runs good on my pc no cliches or freezes and can play tcv but the mixer will not crossfade the music off and has no effect on the music ( even turned off)

I'm using right turntable in, input 1 ( white) input 2 (red)
External amp, output 1 ( white ) output 2 ( red)
Rca cable to line in mixer output 3 ( white) output 4 (red)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:57 pm
..... And serato (blue) tc vinyl :-)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:58 pm
georgieporgie82 wrote :

I'm using right turntable in, input 1 ( white) input 2 (red)
External amp, output 1 ( white ) output 2 ( red)
Rca cable to line in mixer output 3 ( white) output 4 (red)

These are the inputs and outputs of the MAYA, yes?

You should have both turntables feeding the MAYA inputs 1-4.

The MAYA outputs should be set as your VDJ deck outputs (left deck = MAYA outputs 1&2, right deck = MAYA outputs 3&4) and those outputs should be connected to the line inputs of your mixer. MAYA output 1&2 to mixer input channel 1 left/right, MAYA output 3&4 to mixer input channel 2 left/right.

Bear in mind that when using a real mixer, the one on the VDJ screen is not required. You mix using the real one.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 1:28 pm
Thank you for your help, I've taken your instructions and managed to wire them up correctly..

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 3:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)