Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: virtual vinyl timecode set up problems with virtual dj 7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

macslyCUE userMember since 2007
hello !! i am having problems configuring time codes with virtual dj 7 and virtual vinyl box using virtual vinyl records...i have a cheap gemini ps 525 pro, 2 line mixer. can you help me figure it out....my technics sl 1200s are hooked up on inputs 1 and 2 on the vv box ,switches are on phono on vv box...the pass outputs are connected to phono/line inputs on the mixer(there are no phono only inputs )so phono 1/line 1 and phono2/line 2...next the output 1 on vv box to line 3 on mixer and output 2 on vv to line 4 on mixer...there are 2 switches at the back line 1/phono 1 and line 2 /phono2 ...i am not sure where to assing them..but tried to switch them back and forth to check...my usb cable is connected to my pc..opened the program after set up was completed....in the config menu i selected two timecodes and chose the virtual viny box as my soundcard( wich by the way works fine with controllers and mouse) and 2 line external mixer also..when i try to configure time code there are no circles at all, some skiggly lines at most...tried virtual vinyl old engine,virtual dj,and others config ..still not working...i am in smart relative mode... am i doing anything wrong...please help..thank you

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 6:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
A screenshot of what you see in the timecode debug window would be helpful :)

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 3:01 am
hi ..thanks for your time and help, very appreciated...here is the timecode debug screen shot...hope it helps ...http://www.virtualdj.com/image/thumb/36679/149848/timecode.PNG

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 5:03 pm
my computer is running windows 7 32 bit and the virtual vinyl records are from when i purchased the box and have never been used but like i said came with version 4.3 of virtual dj...my cartridges are ortophon concordes and play well on the normal vinyl...thanks again for your troubles....

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 5:09 pm
turn off the RIAA phono amp when you use phono preamp in the soundcard

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 2:07 am
thank you dasouth2004 for the tip....but tried with it and without it and no difference...

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:27 am
did you follow the guide?
There are several things wrong in your pic
gain is lower then silence for example
Not sure if your phase is correct, been too long since i messed with the settings in v7

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:39 am
i tried to move every knob to get some signal thats why...

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 6:17 pm

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 3:59 am
ok thanks i'll retry..seperately...but i allready read and followed this guide....

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 5:07 pm
oh yeah...also what about my timecode vinyl setting..not sure what to use ...it is a virtual vinyl that came with the soundcard..and 4.3 software...

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 7:08 pm
vdj vinyl

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 8:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)