Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7II or ns72 with MacBoook Pro vdj8 settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so I have been having a world of trouble trying to get the ns7II and my mac to produce a working relationship with virtual dj 8. I finaly got it working well so thought I would share my settings. If anyone has suggestions to improve what I have here feel free to make suggestions. I still find that the crossfader is a bit laggy but only from a scratching point of view. However it could be lack of skills I am trying to learn to scratch.

NS7II with 3.20 driver
NS7II Skin in 4 deck mode

MacBook pro spec
2.5 ghz intel core i5
8 gb of 1333 ddr3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
OS X 10.9.5
dvd drive removed and replaced with a tb hard drive
Main drive removed and replaced with a 250 gb solid state drive.

By the way I have not had any luck in getting this system to work well with serato either. Plus serato is only 1/4 the dj program that vdj is.

Here are screen shots of my settings.

First sound setting.
Its important to set it to bit accurate and not core

Next performance setting

Controller settings

Audio settings

Well there you go. So again if anyone has any suggestion to make it run better am interested.

I have run this system setup over night with one deck on automix , the other 3 decks playing 32 beat loops and the sampler playing samples. And anytime I would walk by I would spin some platters.

Problems I hade before was part way through a show one of my decks would start up really slow like the start time was set to slow start. despite me tweaking the start and stop time on the controller it would always start slow until I did a restart Also all by it self the deck would skip forward as if some one pushed the platter forward.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 8:51 am
Dis regard. DId a show and still does not work.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)