Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help setting up Focusrite 2i6 mic plugged in line one to main out 1/2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What works:
deck 1. Out1/2 (focusrite USB 2.0 audio driver(audio))
Deck 2. Out 1/2 (focusrite USB 2.0 audio driver(audio))
Headphones out 3/4 (focusrite USB 2.0 audio driver(audio))

Doesn't work
Mic line in

I would like my mic plugged in line in 1 to come out on 1/2 so I don't have to use an external mixer
Is this possible?
How would I adjust volume?
What would be my settings?
Do I change mic settings in playback devices and/or recording devices?

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 12:19 pm
Hi,

Yes this is possible. You will just need to set up the 2i4 as the input in Virtual DJ. You can go to Preferences > Audio > Input > Microphone > ensure that in the window below you see Mic listed under source and Scarlett listed under sound card. This should make the microphone connected to the 2i2 available to use in Virtual DJ.

Under "Channel" you can select Chan 1 (mono) if you are using a mono source.

When speaking into your mic and adjusting the gain knob on your 2i4 do you see the lights around the gain knob illuminated? Additionally set the knob on the front of the 2i4 to playback instead of input. This will allow you to hear the signal that goes through Virtual DJ.

You can adjust the volume with the monitor knob located on the front of your 2i4. This will adjust the volume for monitors if they are connected to the outputs located on the back of your Scarlett.

If you still experience issues getting your microphone to work please feel free to contact us at 310 322 5500 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm(PST).

Best Regards,

Derrick // Focusrite Technical support

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 6:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)