Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Deck B, elapsed & remaining time stil jumps side to side. Deck A is fine.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
This bug seems rather minor yet it still remains. Seems like it should be a simple one to fix.

In Deck B, the time remaining or time elapsed jumps side to side. Looks like a font issue or justification issue but in any case it would be so nice to get that fixed.

I'm really loving VDJ8 overall. The sound is noticeably so much better and it's an incredible upgrade. Appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this powerful application.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 8:04 pm
hdsonPRO InfinityMember since 2011
cnymike wrote :
This bug seems rather minor yet it still remains. Seems like it should be a simple one to fix.

In Deck B, the time remaining or time elapsed jumps side to side. Looks like a font issue or justification issue but in any case it would be so nice to get that fixed.

I'm really loving VDJ8 overall. The sound is noticeably so much better and it's an incredible upgrade. Appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this powerful application.

no news on this?
the problem is stil there.

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 10:08 pm
hdson wrote :
cnymike wrote :

no news on this?
the problem is stil there.

nobody???

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 7:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:23 pm
djdad wrote :
Its already fixed, however the automatic updates dont update the default skins.
You will have to install the software again from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

thanks for the response,sorry for the bad englisch
installed the software again,but the problem is stil there,i have the FRUIT skin that i use.......

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 11:07 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 3:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Then i miss-understood you.
What i meant with bug-fixed was that we have changed the times on the default skin to left-aligned.
the bug with the right-aligned textzones on Macs is not fixed yet.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 6:35 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I will do a left-aligned textzone for mac users. In 0.7.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 1:23 pm
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that the text alignment for the time on Deck B has only been fixed for PC's but not on Mac?

I've downloaded the latest build for Mac (2139.926) and the default skins are still showing the Deck B time jumping.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 7:54 pm
No, the bug is in the Fruit Skin, therefore posting it here does nothing.

He is aware of the problem but you need to post it in the correct forum.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 8:08 am
The bug is still there using default skin - I have it too. (Mac)

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 3:55 am

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 9:36 am
Thanks for the link to the default skins.

So why isn't this updated when a new version of VDJ8 is installed?
Who is going to know that they have to download the default skins separately from the application?
Who is going to know that they have to then put the downloaded zip file into their Documents/VirtualDJ/Skins directory?

It's a crazy process.

But I'm happy to say that once you go through all that baloney, the time jumping issue on DeckB has been resolved.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 12:54 pm
The default skins are updated when a new version of VDJ 8 is installed - from scratch (using the full installation package).

They're not updated as part of the automatic software (exe) updates because they're not stored in the exe.

Also, some people may modify the default skins to suit their own needs, and they wouldn't want them overwritten after every s/w update.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 1:01 pm
It's not an ideal situation.

For instance, when I make a Child Theme in WordPress, WordPress can update itself with all new files and it doesn't affect my Child Theme. VirtualDJ should adopt a more user-friendly method.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 9:13 am
Creating a Wordpress child theme is done for the very reason of preventing updates from overwriting personal theme changes. Lots of Wordpress users don't do it though.

In the same way, VDJ users should really save their modified VDJ skin under a new name and also take a backup of it - but not everyone would.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 4:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)