Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with the pre-listening of Gemini Firstmix PRO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey there,
i've recently bought my first dj controller and that's pretty much why im here, still a newbie to everything in this ddj world of softwares and hardwares.
So, the thing is: I plug in my firstmix pro on the laptop and the soundcard is recognized. After trying several configurations setups for the soundcard on the virtual DJ 8.0 I find myself with this problem. No matter what I do, I cannot set it up as it should, cause in none of the setups I tried I could get my headphone button on the controller working.
He's working fine, but whenever I try to listen to the track only on the headphone with this button pressed on, the sound of the music still comes out in the master out, on top of the other song already playing. How should I configure it to make the sound goes only for the headphone when the headphone button of one deck is pressed??
Hope anybody could help me get out of this situation!
Thanks in advance.
Eduardo Botelho

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 11:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you install the Gemini ASIO ?
The pre-defined audio configuration should be OK (with Master to Outs 1,2 and Headphones to 3,4)
Speakers and Headphones should be connected to the Gemini (for the pre-defined audio setup to work).

Note.You will need a PLUS or Pro Infinity license to keep your controller working for more than 10mins with every re-launch of the Home Free version.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:41 am
yeah, I tried many different setups. If I pick the Master source and assign to it the Gemini ASIO in the soundcard with the out channel on 1 and 2, and on the headphone source I also put the Gemini ASIO in the soundcard going to the channel 3 and 4, then this is what happens: The sound goes only out on the master if I press the headphone button. Without the headphone button pressed on, the sound goes out only in the headphones.
If I change the soundcard of the headphone to the 4- FirstMix PRO Hphones OUT (WASAPI) and then choose the channels 3 and 4, then shows up a message saying: Not Connected. Failed to Initialize Device.
I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if there is any problem with my hardware..damn, wish I could get it fixed quick..
Any ideas of whats going on?
Thanks for the help!

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 12:13 pm
Did you try to swap the Outputs and send Master to 3,4 and Headphones to 1,2 ?

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 1:33 pm
actually did.
and that way it kinda works, cause if im playing a song on the deck A and then I'll try to prelisten a song on deck B I have to put down the level from deck B ir order to it don't come out on the master on top of the other song already playing. But with the headphone button pressed, I can pre-listen solo to it on the headphones.
Is that the way it should work?? I tought I would be able to cue the other tracks without having to put down the level of the deck to zero!

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 1:46 pm
No, its not the way it should work of course.

Weird, I just checked some data from a doc. As per Gemini the ASIO drivers should properly offer 2 stereo outputs so the Master/Headphones setup should work properly.
If the ASIO drivers are not used, then it should detect 2 sound cards, so you will have to choose the first one as Master (1,2) and the 2nd one as Headphones (1,2).
Can you try and see if 2 Gemini sound cards exist (non ASIO) ?

Also please provide us the Log Report.txt file. How to get this...
From VDJ Options (Config), change the setting CreateMidiLog to Yes and close VirtualDJ
Connect the Gemini (if not conencted), launch VDJ and then close again.
The file will be generated in the documents/VirtualDJ folder.
Post the content of that file here.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 2:20 pm
they exist, but now every time I turn on the vdj it shows up a message saying "Virtual DJ - No sound card. * 4- FirstMIX PRO HPhones out - Failed to initialize device."
But the 4- FirstMIX PRO Master out is working properly I guess, 'cause this message always only refers to the hphones out.

where can I find it at the virtual dj home 8.0.0??
went to the config section but I could not find this option!

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 3:16 pm
I was under the impression that you were using VirtualDJ 8 already (Home Free, as you dont seem to have a license registered). If you use any unofficial (aka cracked version), then expect all kind of issues.
Please clean your computer from any VirtualDJ traces (use CCleaner or similar) and try with the official one .. http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

the setting mentioned above is in the Advanced Options, so make sure this is enabled in the OPTIONS tab

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 3:27 pm
the version I was using I downloaded straight from the website!
now i've downloaded the home version 7.41 on the link u said but then the controller was not recognized at all!
And still could not find the advanced config section u said.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 3:49 pm
wait, now I found it in the 8.0 version. Did what u told me but the .doc file was not created :S

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 4:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)