Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: couple of database questions (VDJ7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am going to try combined a few questions since they are all DB related.

1) I am having a problem trying to load songs from my external HDD into a VDJ7 database. I started by adding everything via the root drive letter (approx 89K songs) but it seemed to take FOREVER!! and when I finally give it enough time to finish (like overnight) it does not seem to have all the songs available . I can search for a song and get no results but when I do a windows search, the song is there on the HDD. I have tried several times to deleted and recreate the DB but still see the same issues. Is there some special technique I can use to load my songs into the DB? Do I need to divide it up into small chunks? Also is there a technique that I can use to validate that all the songs are in the DB?

2) on a similar topic, when I add new songs to the HDD, I, of course, then want to add them to the DB. On the HDD I have some songs separated by service so new songs may be in the same folder as older songs I have already added. If I just select the root folder and add to DB, will it only add the new songs or will it overwrite the existing entries and add everything again?

3) Lastly, I perform both mobile and club gigs and as a result, I have several version of the same song, like a clean radio edit, an Xmix edit, an Ultimix, and several different remixes. The problem I am having is when I search for a song I will see _ALL_ the various mixes of the song and sometimes, if I dont pay attention, or haven't tagged the file correctly, I may play a club remix when I want a radio edit or vice versa. I want to be able to separate radio edits, from my club edits and search them independently based on my event. How can I do that? Do I need seperate DBs, can I search multiple ones or even do that? Do I need to make virtual folders/crates to separate them? Any ideas are welcome

Thanks so much for any and all advice.

Keith

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 9:13 pm
1) Maybe the songs which don't get added are in an incompatible format?

Also, do you have the browser view filtered by selecting either 'audio only', 'video only' or 'karaoke only'? To ensure that you see everything, make sure those are not selected.

Checking that all songs are present is as simple as comparing the file count from the browser to the file count in your OS.

2) VDJ will by default only add the new songs it finds when you browse (in VDJ) to a particular folder.

3) The best way is to tag your files correctly. Another option is to create a VDJ Virtual Folder or Filter Folder.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:53 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 8:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)