Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Question About Plug-ins, Tools

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a KJ/DJ and am looking at adding video to my shows. I'm very new to VirtualDJ and was wondering what plugin's I should be looking at to enhance my shows. I play at the same small clubs every week and was looking for suggestions from anyone that would help with my shows.

I don't have any lighting systems and usually one large TV behind me for the crowd to watch the video's and KJ. I do have a Microsoft power slide show that I would like to make into a video instead of running additional programs in the background during the DJ portion of my shows or between breaks in KJ.

Any suggestions on plugin's and tools would be greatly appreciated. I am using a windows laptop, VirtualDJ version 8 (latest release), windows 7 pro, 64 bit system with a GeForce video card. I run all audio through the headphone output jack into a 16 channel mixer (I use to do sound for bands) then into a graphics equalizer with a real time analyzer, then into my amp and out to the speakers.

The video output is HDMI into a splitter that I can send to multiply TV's/Monitor's via HDMI or RCA jacks.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

P.S. Because of my war injuries this is a hobby for me and I have a hard time understanding very technical things but I do my best....

1SG "Gunner" USA (Ret.)
Iraq 2003, 100% disabled

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 10:02 am
Take a look at Don Moir's plugins ........ Tellymedia & Tellyvisuals.

Free to use but donations are welcome if you like & use them.

Don is very approachable and is 100% committed to making them the go to plugins for video & visuals

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 4:43 pm
Thanks Backflipboy.

Welcome Gunner and thank you for serving our country. I had 2 nephews die in Iraq.

TellyMedia does video, audio, images, Flash swf files, camera, and Carousel which is a slideshow feature for image and video files.

TellyVisuals does layout, scrolling text and images, borders, etc., and can act as an display application for SMS text messages.

TellyMedia and TellyVisuals are for both VDJ 7 and 8 and can be downloaded from the VDJ8 download page or the tellyvisuals webpage.

TellyMedia and TellyVisuals webpage: http://www.tellyvisuals.com

VDJ8 download page: http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=effects

My email: donmoir@comcast.net

Follow the TellyMedia, TellyVisuals, etc. thread for the latest information on them.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 7:05 pm
Thanks for the information, and Don, I'm sorry about your Nephews and I want thank you and your family for the sacrifices they made during a terrible war.

Best Regards,

Gunner

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 8:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)