Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Controller jogwheel scratch release inconsistency?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use a Behringer CMD Studio 4a and love it but have come across an issue with scratching, or rather what happens when I release the jogwheel after a scratch.

When in scratch mode, if I spin the jogwheel backwards (using touch on the top) and release it while it is still moving, the track continues to play backwards, slowing down as you would expect vinyl to behave until it stops and then continues forwards as normal. This seems correct.

If I spin the jogwheel forwards and release it while it is still moving, the deck jumps into CDJ-like nudge mode where the track speed is adjusted instead, like jogwheel mode rather than jogwheel_touch mode if you see what I mean. The transition in sound is jarring and not what I would have expected.

I would expect the track to continue playing from the speed it was at when the wheel was released, slowing to normal speed and continuing at that speed, simulating vinyl behaviour in a forward direction, too.

Firstly, can anybody verify this on the same controller and secondly, does this happen on any other controller or is it just this one?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Duggy.

P.S. Sorry, should have mentioned I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 & Virtual DJ 7.4.1.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 10:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This is normal behaviour for v7.

v8 allows you to optionally enable the forward mode (touchWheelForwardSpin).

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 11:49 am
Thanks for the info. :)

Regards,
Duggy.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)