Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: When purchasing $150 Timecode licence on VDJ8, software will still not remove the VirtualDJ Logo from video output!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjdaveHome userMember since 2007
Hello.

I purchased the $150 Timecode License so I can use my Turntables for timecode to mix music videos. When I try to disable the "VIRTUAL DJ" logo that is displayed on top of my full screen video output, it says I have to purchase the $300 Pro license just to remove that?

I feel I should NOT have to spend another additional $300 just to turn the logo OFF on the video output! $150 should give me the right to remove that logo off the screen.

I am a licensed user. Please tell me how I can remove that logo off the video output screen please.

Thank You

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 12:24 am
Video without the VirtualDJ logo is a Pro feature and requires either a full VirtualDJ Pro Infinity license or a monthly VirtualDJ v8 subscription to disable it or replace it with your own logo.

The $150 timecode license is an add-on controller license for home users who wish to be able to use timecode to control the software.

If you are a professional working DJ and you are using the software at gigs where you are being paid, then you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro Infinity or take out a monthly VirtualDJ v8 subscription. VirtualDJ Home FREE and VirtualDJ v8 Plus Controller are for non-commerical use only. If you purchased a controller license in error and wish to change it for the full Pro Infinity, please contact support.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 5:18 am
I guess you did not read this part

"In addition to giving you access to all existing and future controllers, a Pro license is also required if you want to use custom-made
controller definitions (to use controllers that are not yet natively supported in VirtualDJ), to use the podcast storage,
and to remove or change the logo on the video output. "

If I were you, contact VDJ and ask them if you can return your purchase in towards to pay the difference for the Infinty Pro version. They are kind enough to do it (just don't wait to long).

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 7:08 am
I am not a commercial DJ. I DJ in my bedroom as a hobby. That is why I purchased just the controller license instead of the pro license. I am now going to have to pay an additional $150 just so when I record my video mixes for myself it doesn't have the Virtual DJ logo on them? I feel like I am being charged a $150 ransom just to remove a watermark after I already purchased a license. I don't need additional controllers or any other features of the pro version.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 8:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's just the way it is, sorry.

As a sweetener, you can download all the plugins and never have to pay again.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 8:52 am
vjdave wrote :
I am not a commercial DJ. I DJ in my bedroom as a hobby.

OK...

vjdave wrote :
when I record my video mixes for myself

Ignoring the legality of recording copyrighted material......why should it matter that there's a VDJ logo if the recordings are only for you?

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 9:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Pedantry from you there groovin, that would fall under fair use if used non commercially.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 11:49 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
More to the point, we paid the asking price without quibble, if you want the full benefits of the software put your hands in your pocket like the rest of us.

There's a guy needing to maintain a Caribbean island to think about in all this penny pinching... and I can tell through experience there not cheap!

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 7:19 pm
I have decided that I rather get a refund of the $150.00 I paid and go with the monthly plan since it says the monthly plan removes the watermark.

Posted Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 9:24 pm
Since nobody in support has responded to my request, I went ahead and opened up a case with PayPal.

Posted Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 9:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Your ticket was responded to pretty quickly - and more puzzling a full 2 days before you posted the above two posts?

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 1:11 pm
Ahh..I just checked "my messages" and there was no message. Then I checked "Support" and there was a message updated on the ticket itself.

Date: Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 1:41 am
Teamer: acw_dj
Hi,

Welcome to Atomix VirtualDJ Ticket Support Center. We are unable to switch purchases for subscriptions, sorry. Purchase your Pro Subscriber plan and we would refund your VirtualDJ 8 Timecode License.

Best Regards,

Acw
VirtualDJ Support Team
Atomix Productions

As I stated before, asking for an additional $150 for a pro/commercial license to remove the watermark/logo from the video output when I paid $150 for the controller license and I am using this product for non-commercial use is not really acceptable to me. Now I am unable to switch to the subscription plan as well which would solve my issue? Fantastic.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 10:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi,

I believe you've been offered a refund of the $150 purchase if you want the pro subscriber version. Unfortunately we don't have a way to just 'switch' someone to a different license model, since one is a one-time payment and one is a recurring payment.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 11:43 am
Hello there! I purchased a subscriber license to use VDJ8 professionally, but I realized that one of the turntables still has a slow response and that makes mixing dificult. How can I solve that issue? Thanks!

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 5:19 pm
Iam using VDJ8 with Torq interface and Serato vinyl.

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 5:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)