Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Some love for macs????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Will sms voting like Firetext or pangolin ever show some love to Mac users?? I feel like i've been waiting forever for something or someone to finally create something for mac users.

And no I will not torrent windows 8 and run it through bootcamp.

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 9:14 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
That is the cons of using a MAC; options for plugins will be much less than for PC users. Maybe in the next 5-10 years MAC users will get more love from plugin programmers. That is the main reason I don't use a MAC. MACs are great devices but I like options and the options for Software on a MAC is very limited.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 4:04 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Actually with v8 most of the plugins are available for both platforms where applicable.

Obviously we can't dictate to 3rd party developers what platforms they develop for - there is obviously investment on their part in both hardware and development time.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 5:47 am
You would need to show love to get love :) One of the first things I mentioned back in the Pangolin thread about mac versions was to see if this is worth it on the PC side first. It has not been worth it. The more complex the plugin, the more difficult it can be.

With that said, I can port TellyVisuals to a mac. ( so 10 people might use it and donate for the cause after months / years of work :) Then there is the receiving application which is separate from TV. Since TV can connect over a LAN and will support WebSocket this should not be too much of an issue but I am sure of lots of hours / weeks testing with any potential SMS receiving application.

I would need to know that it is worth the effort. I already said it has not been on the PC side. ( not enough love :) At any rate, I will be restructuring some of the code base to be able to work on a mac. This is mostly UI elements with some other stuff thrown in. It won't happen over night and it is not even just about the plugins. Time frame is months to eternity. If there was funding I would start on it right now and complete it sooner than later.

Just the conversion for TM and TV to VDJ8 has taken months of mostly unpaid work which is showing love and commitment. Both PC and MAC users can help by donating otherwise my time is best spent elsewhere so I will have something to spend :)

http://www.tellyvisuals.com

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)