Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wave forms dont show on deck 1+2 denon mc6000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wave forms move across ok when I use 4 decks and only show on decks 3+4.I use only 2 decks and both decks dont show the wave forms across the top.
I just upgraded to Virtual dj 8 Pro. I havnt changed anything since ver 7.4 and this worked fine.Music plays ok ..volume control ok using the software for control..not external.
Any suggestions?

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 8:12 pm
Which skin?

Are you using a Mac?

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 4:46 am
Mine is a PC. the default skin
When I change to 4 decks...Im seeing deck 3 & 4 active with active wave forms.When I change back to 2 decks nothing happens up top.I also try changing
decks using the MC6000 button and that works so I can see deck 3 & 4 active with waves moving but none for deck 1&2.
running win7 up to date.It worked just fine on vdj 7....I have it set to pc...reset also using shift&browser...im running out of ideas.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 10:48 am
you can put in the skin "2 decks", a oninit

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 8" version="8" width="1920" height="1080" nbdecks="2" comment="VirtualDJ 8 default skin - 2 Decks" image="2-6 Decks.png" author="Atomix Productions" preview="skinpreview.png">
<copyright>(c)2014 - Atomix Productions</copyright>
<oninit action="deck 1 select & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 2 rightdeck"/>

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:44 pm
ok...not familiar with this" onint" term your referring...am I to past this code somewhere to have this work? more reading for me on this

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:30 pm
What JMF is suggesting is to modify the XML file of the skin.

If you're not comfortable with that, I think you can also add the oninit to the MC6000 mapper from the mapping config page.

Putting it in the skin XML will mean it "runs" when that skin is loaded (regardless of whether you're using the MC6000).

OTOH putting it in the mapping will mean that it only runs when the MC6000 is connected.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:35 pm
maybe is just the waveform settings, cylce among the different waveforms and see if it makes any difference

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 2:02 pm
Yes I did cycle through them at first and the the scratch waveform only worked...just a bit to small to read for me....I will try the mapper route and see what happens

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 5:18 pm
After I downloaded the skin for the MC6000 PRO from zacek100 it worked.I went back to try the default VDJ8 skin on 2 decks and it now works fine.
Not sure what fixed it ...but it works now.Thanks for the help guys!

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 12:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)