Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How can I revert loop buttons back to old layout

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The current layout for the virtual DJ loop buttons is complete garbage. It's completely useless and far less useful than the layout consisting of loop buttons labeled 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64. If I have one song going and a 16-beat loop from another at the same time, and in the last 4 beats of a 32 beat sequence in the song running freely, I want to switch the looped song to a 1-beat loop for those last 4 beats before returning back to the original 16, I have to click the arrow keys to make the loop counter go from 16 to 8 to 4 to 2, and THEN to 1, and then to back to 16 i have to go from 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 and THEN to 16 again, which is far more difficult to to in ONE SINGLE BEAT. ESPECIALLY when it's 150 bpm hardstyle.

So long story short, how do I revert back to the layout consisting of beat loops side by side labeled 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64?

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 2:03 pm
This is completely down to the skin you use.

If you pick a skin which has those buttons, job done.

Alternatively you could pick a skin with lots of custom buttons and create your own set.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 2:29 pm
how might i choose a different skin? Preferably one like the old layout.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 2:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm not sure, but isn't the default keyboard mapping offering the keys 1,2,3,4... for loop length?
So just press one of these keys to set a loop with 1,2,4,8,16 beats.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 5:03 am
Holy sweet jesus you can. Well...problem solved

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 9:29 am
i use vdj 7 skin, i dont like the vdj 8 skin very much

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 10:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)