Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song will not play after loading on deck in VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This past weekend I'm dj'ing at a gig and right after loading a song onto a deck and click Play it will not play. The wave form shows up and I can see it moving, but not sound comes out... I can't even hear it through the headphones. I tried other tracks as well and the same thing happened. I've loaded this track before and never had any problems.

Unfortunately, and to my embrassment, I had to shut down VDJ8 and load VDJ7. Loaded the exact same song right away with no problems, and didn't encounter any issues the rest of the night. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

- Windows 7 w/ 4 GB RAM
- Herculs RMX2 w/latest driver
- VDJ8

Thanks in advance!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 1:21 pm
pedroelopez wrote :
This past weekend I'm dj'ing at a gig and right after loading a song onto a deck and click Play it will not play. The wave form shows up and I can see it moving, but not sound comes out... I can't even hear it through the headphones. I tried other tracks as well and the same thing happened. I've loaded this track before and never had any problems.

Unfortunately, and to my embrassment, I had to shut down VDJ8 and load VDJ7. Loaded the exact same song right away with no problems, and didn't encounter any issues the rest of the night. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

- Windows 7 w/ 4 GB RAM
- Herculs RMX2 w/latest driver
- VDJ8

Thanks in advance!

Oops... was thinking of my other laptop. This laptop is Windows 8.1 w/4GB RAM.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you able to reproduce this at will ? Is it track specific ?
If yes, could you please upload one of those tracks and share the link ?

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 2:53 pm
No, this only happened once. When it happened, I tried loading maybe 3 different tracks, and none worked so it's not track specific.

At that time this happened I had been playing for maybe 1 1/2 hours, so not sure if that has something to do with it. I've played longer than that on VDJ7 and this never happened. I can upload the track where it first happened it that will help.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 3:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
RMX2 ASIO, right ?
Happened on right deck ?

Yes, you can upload that track, but doubt if that will help, since you re not able to reproduce it. Unfortunately , "ghost" bugs are hard to fix.

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:24 pm
djdad wrote :
RMX2 ASIO, right ?
Happened on right deck ?

Yes, you can upload that track, but doubt if that will help, since you re not able to reproduce it. Unfortunately , "ghost" bugs are hard to fix.

Yes, RMX2 ASIO and it happened on the right deck. Loaded the same track last night on both decks and no issues. Until this is fixed, I'll stick with VDJ7 as I don't want to have this happen again, especially during a live performance.

Appreciate any updates on a fix :-).

p.s. love your RMX 2 skins for VDJ7 and 8.

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 1:03 pm
Hi DJ Dad - just wondering if you had any other reports of this issue. As a test I was practicing as if I were at a gig and played for almost two hours, and the error happened again. This was maybe 2 month ago but never reported back since I was just continuing to use VDJ7. Still not comfortable using VDJ 8 at a gig until I know this is not going to happen. I'll try it again and see if it happens again.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 3:35 pm
Hello, I am having the same issue. I have loading the song on deck 1, press and but nothing move. I use for karaoke at home. I am in the karaoke mode. what can I do to resolve?

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 7:13 pm
Is there any error message? If not, a non playing deck is usually caused by incorrect audio setup.

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 12:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is there any error message? If not, a non playing deck is usually caused by incorrect audio setup.

No... no error message is displayed. This only happens ion VDJ8. I'm going to uninstall everything and including my controller driver and re-installing to see if it helps.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)