Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MASTER EFFECT BUG! serious issue :o

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi VDJ team,

quite happy with VDJ 8 so far but there are some bugs:

1* master effect works only with INTERNAL SOUND CARD, as soon as another sound driver / sound card is selected, the master effect is no longer audible!

this is the case, both with 3rd Party VST's and some of the internal FX, so this must be an audio ROUTING ERROR, please check this out!

For me this is quite an important issue due to using an important Pitch Effect on my master (QuickQuick Pitchwheel) for several reasons
(I sometimes have to detune the master output slightly for a specific application)

2* loop_roll function doesnt seem to work anymore. (loop in & out, when exited song continues from where it should have played as if the loop had not been pressed)

3* With Hercules RMX-2: after a loop is activated, dialing the FX button left would halve the loop, and to the right it would double the loop,,,..... (VDJ7) in VDJ8 it only halves the loop, even when dialing RIGHT it still makes it shorter, making the function useless.... Is this a mapping error? please help

less important: but still worthwhile: FEATURE REQUEST

1* It would be great to be able to LOCK your browser folders (left Browser pane) flexibility is nice, being organized is even nicer. I had my folders moving all over the place in VDJ7 and I would like to be able to LOCK and keep a good Folder setup so you cant accidentally change the folder sequence

2* would be nice to be able to LOCK the browser columns as well (name, artist, remix, etc.) especially since I use a touch system, these kinda move all over the place as well, would be great to LOCK those categories so you cant accidentally change the width of them

3* Same for the Browser panels, (width of the folder pane, files pane, sidelist pane etc.) please make everything LOCKable

4* Is it possible to make the KEY indicator a little bigger (Amin, C#MAJ) etc. or have n option where you could see that bigger where the timer is in the corners, this would be great for musicians that play along. Now its really quite small

*5 an option to disable the limiter like in VDJ 7? I haven't investigated how it affects the sound but I think it could be safer to be able to turn it off!

thanks for listening, I hope you will reply ;-)

Best regards, Tim - Proud VDJ User

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 8:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Effects on Master should apply to Master regardless of the selected sound card. Are you sure you have Master in your Audio configuration and not deck 1, deck 2 etc. ?
Or do you mean that this happens when you change the sound card of the Master Output on the fly ?

loop_roll action needs a specific value to work.. ..so loop_roll 1 or loop_roll 0.5 will do a loop roll of 1 beat or half beat as long as these buttons are pressed.
If you wish a permanent mode, you can use the loop_roll_mode (its available in the default skin too) and then use the loop, loop_in, loop_out actions too.

The encoder right above the 4 pads should work as half/double. Are you sure you re using the factory default mapping ? What is the number of your build ? xxxx.yyy ?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 8:53 am
1.Hi DJdad thanks for your quick reply. I just checked the Master effect with the settings shown in the picture. MASTER FX does not affect the audio!!! (when yellow = ON) Not with my VST and not with your own effects. I listened through headphones on my RMX-2 as a test setup. Of course I listened to the master output and not the CUE audio. The main volume doesnt work either, neither the knob nor the software button. i cant listen on speakers as this is just a test setup, however the effect should be audible even when you listen to the master with headphones.. Please help!

please take a look at it since I badly need a Master effect that actually overlays ALL AUDIO, regardless of routing, much like a Master Volume button should overlay all other previous volumes.

please check it out! Much appreciated.

2. in VDJ 7 I could just enter pad 3 : loop_roll then it would make a loop from in point (first press) and out point (press same pad again) this no longer seems to work

3. about the loop button RMX-2, I use my custom mapping. VDJ Build was: 1949.807 now I updated, with the normal mapper it works ok, so must be a bug in my mapping ill check it out

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 10:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Loop roll has changed to a while pressed type thing if you want the behaviour of V7 loop roll you either have to use the loop roll effect (recommended), or use the normal loop function in conjunction with slip mode (this has a bug yet to be fixed) (slip has several bugs actually)

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 11:38 am
what are the script verbs/codes for the Master Effect?
thank you

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:47 pm
The same as decks but with "deck master" at the start.

deck master effect_active "FX_Name"

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 5:09 pm
damn! I tought I tried that! SMH!! long hours scripting messes up my brain!
yesterday I spent like 1 hour ,just looking at my screen, trying to find where was the error in the mapper, found a command with ; instead of : copied and pasted all over the mapping ,causing everything to not work!!
thanks again locodog, will give it a try...

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 6:09 pm

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 7:31 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I spent a little while trying to do the script, got no where, and then I thought just use google. Up came the answer from Mr Locodog, I should have guessed.
It's an important one, I hope it's on the script wiki.
Thanks.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)