Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with VMS2 - Deck B won't play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Alright. So I've posted about this before but nobody responded so I'm trying again.

I've got an American Audio VMS2 mixer hooked up to VDJ LE and Deck B does this thing where it decides it doesn't want to work.
This meaning that it'll be working just fine for a few minutes and then say, "Nah." and just stop. I can still navigate the track using the platter, but the song just won't play. Sometimes it starts working again for a bit longer but then it goes kaput again. This isn't an issue I've been having for long, either (I think this started something like a month or two ago). I got my mixer about a year ago and never dropped it, got it wet, and always kept it covered when not in use, so I don't think I've mistreated or ruined it in any way.

Obviously I can't work like this. Can someone lend a hand?

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 2:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Windows , Mac ?
Only deck b ?
When this happens, does the VU meter on the skin or the unit shows sound activity ?
Sound cuts on both Master and Headphones ?
The more info you provide the more we can think of possible causes.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 4:21 pm
djdad wrote :
Windows , Mac ?
Only deck b ?
When this happens, does the VU meter on the skin or the unit shows sound activity ?
Sound cuts on both Master and Headphones ?
The more info you provide the more we can think of possible causes.

Sorry about that.

Running on Windows 7, the problem is only with Deck B, and the issue isn't that the audio is cutting out. I guess I should have worded it better. The issue is that the song stops, as if I'd paused it. But it doesn't actually pause, for it says it's still on play (as if I'd used my finger on the platter to stop it). If I spin the platter, like if I were to scratch, I still get sound, so it's not an audio thing (and the VU meter says nothing when it's stopped but it reacts when I scratch).

The easiest way to recreate my situation is to play a song and press your finger onto the platter (assuming the mixer you're using has that feature-- mine does).

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 9:20 pm
Have you discussed this with American Audio?

My guess would be a faulty VMS2 rather than an issue with VDJ.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 6:10 am
groovindj wrote :
Have you discussed this with American Audio?

My guess would be a faulty VMS2 rather than an issue with VDJ.

I really hope this isn't the case because I think I bought mine used, so I don't think there is anything they could do. But I bought it at Guitar Center, so I'll have to find out if they take trade-ins or whatever. But even so, this is a recent issue and everything worked fine up until the past few months, so I doubt it'd be damaged from a previous owner.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 10:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hardware issue is my guess too. You can still try to reset VirtualDJ to its factory settings, but most likely it wont solve anything

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 2:31 pm
Alright.

Ugh. Guess I'm gonna have to find a repair place somewhere nearby.

Wish me luck, and thanks for the assistance!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 4:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)