Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer CDJ-850K + Behringer DJX750 Setup [VDJ8]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I have searched the forums, and over the web, but cannot find an answer, so I was wondering whether anyone here could help?

I have a set of Pioneer CDJ850's(USB), and a Behringer DJX750 (Analogue). I was wondering whether I could use these in conjunction with Virtual DJ?

I understand that the DJX750 is Analogue, but I was wondering whether there was any way of disabling the mixer in Virtual DJ, and using an external mixer for output? So, both CDJ's would be assigned a channel each on my mixer, and then I would control it from there.

I currently have the Virtual DJ 8 Trial, and the CDJ's work fine, however I'm struggling to use them with my mixer, as I can't seem to disable the in-program mixer. I'm happy to purchase VDJ7 instead if this resolves the issue. Just don't want to purchase VDJ if my configuration won't work.

If anyone could help, I'd be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jamie.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:32 pm
I should probably add how everything's connected;

Both CDJ's are connected directly to my laptop via USB.
Both CDJ's are connected directly to my mixer via Phono Leads.
My Mixer's output currently has a Phono to Jack Lead connected (Going into the mic socket of my laptop).

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A bit of a mish mash there mate, what you want to do is CDJs usb'd to your pc and an audio config that sends separate decks channels to mixer channels, you can trial that setup like you've been doing with the CDJs (10 mins) but any more than that you'll need a full $300 licence.

You can keep the phonos for CDJ to mixer, to bypass VDJ (can be useful) but feeding in a mixed source to VDJ (whilst has some applications, is generally the wrong way to do things)

Audio config
Deck 1 Ch 1&2
Deck 2 Ch 3&4

(you could mono 1 & 2 if needs be) it's the audio config that bypasses the crossfader

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:30 pm
Many thanks for your reply! I'll definitely get a license seeing as this works exactly how I want it to now.

Fyi, I'd looped the master on my mixer back in to my laptop to play the the output, but I've realized that there's a noticeable delay, looks like I'll have to get the monitor's out the loft!

Once again, thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Posted Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 4:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)