Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 and Pioneer DDJ SB and Laptop Speaker Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am new to using the controller and virtual dj8, I bought my license to use my controller, and I don't own any speakers, so I wanted to use my laptop speakers for playing the music out loud and my headphones pre listening to the next track I want to play. However I cant seem to make that work with the software or hardware or the sound card that comes in the pioneer ddj sb. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, Many thanks.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 10:26 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You may need to select 2soundcard setting in Options/Audio.
Output: Headphone > 2 soundcards > master: primary soundcard > headphone: DDJ SB headphone monitor (maybe 3/4).

Please refrain from posting similar topic to different forum sections.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 10:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As above you will need to manually create an audio configuration in CONFIG->AUDIO tab.

by default both Master and Headphones are routed through the sound card of the DDJ-SB if you press the "special" button you will find in that tab.
You will notice that this button auto-creates 2 lines below, one with Master and a 2nd one with Headphones.
You will then need to change the Sound card of the Master line and select your computer's built in sound card.

Master -- Your computer's built in sound card ----- Chans 1,2
Headphones --- Pioneer DDJ-SB (ASIO) ... Chans 3.4

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 11:49 am
ive got a split second delay between headphones and speakers any help or set up advice ;)

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 2:00 pm
Need more info...

I guess you're attempting to use two different audio interfaces. The solution is to use a single interface, ideally one that's low latency ASIO (not ASIO4ALL).

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 7:11 pm
Same issue w using headphones I.use.ddjsb sound comes out both speakers. I would loke to hear a track in my headphones without it going through the speaker. Weird I totally know howo to use my mixer and love virtual dj.8 but a bit irritated I cant get this issue resolved I feel like.a.ree.ree. Lol and clue. I wanted to.get this down before I upgrade to the ddjsx. Im stoked. I use windows 7 dell laptop. Thanks

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 9:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have installed and using the Pioneer SSJ-SB ASIO drivers, correct ?
If you have, then just click on the Pioneer DDJ-SB button you will find in the Settings-->AUDIO tab of VirtualDJ.

Are your speakers connected to the Master Output of the DDJ-SB ? or are you using some speakers connected to your computer's sound card ?

You dont have the Headphone Mix knob to the Mix position, right ? Needs to be on the CUE position.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)