Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC6000 and Virtual DJ 7 Pro Channel 1 stopped working.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using my Denon MC6000 with the latest version or Virtual DJ 7 on a windows 7 laptop. I've noticed my channel 1 has been hanging up the last few gigs (Left deck). I would try to adjust the gain on the controller, and it would stick from time to time, and the gain meter would stop working sometimes. At last nights gig, the channel 1 stopped working all together. Play and cue worked fine, but master gain, high, mid, low, and volume completely quit working. I rebooted VDJ and the controller several times and that didn't help. I switched the channel 3 to midi mode and was able to control the left deck from there with no problems, all knobs worked fine. Do you guys think this is a problem with virtual DJ or the controller? What do I need to do to troubleshoot it? My controller is over 2 years old and has been sent in for repair twice for replacement of the cross fader. Thanks for any input.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 7:59 am
This may be caused by soft-takeover which is applied if the physical hardware knob positions don't match the software (Check by looking at the knobs on the controller vs the on-screen knobs on the VirtualDJ skin.) To make any further adjustments, you must move the hardware knobs to the software position as shown on screen.

For further details, please see the following FAQ page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Soft%20Take-over%20or%20Non-MIDI%20Mixer.html

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 9:46 am
Yes I moved the knobs fully and there was still no response in virtual dj.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:03 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you ever solve your issue? My MC6000 has developed almost exactly the same issue and I hate to have to go buy a new controller. The only difference is that mine developed the problem suddenly, no sign of problems at previous gig, and then at the next night's gig, it just didn't work. Other than that, same symptoms.
I have had this as my primary controller for over 5 years now, I believe, and previously, I had never gone more than a year without upgrading.
My guess is a loose wire inside, so unless you have any insight for me, I plan to open her up tonight and trace out the midi/HDI signal path.
In any case, I will update the thread to hopefully help others.

Posted Tue 10 May 16 @ 9:03 pm
Try shift + browse in case the midi channels have gone out of sync.

Posted Tue 10 May 16 @ 9:05 pm
If MIDI channels "go out of sync" then the leds of the device won't work properly.
Assuming that all leds were working properly this is a hardware failure.
You should contact DENON and ask how much it costs to repair it, then decide if you'll have to buy a new controller or repair the one you have.
Last time I had to repair my MC6000 it was very cheap (they had to replace the crossfader, two faders and part of the board) and so I just fixed it.

Posted Wed 11 May 16 @ 11:05 pm
Kradcliffe, Phantom, Thanks so much for the replies.
I did try Shift-Browse but that didn't seem to do anything. Other channel is working fine anyway, so I would guess that changing the MIDI channel would have affected both channels. It probably is a hardware fault. I guess I can't really complain considering that the unit has served me flawlessly for so long. I just wish it had happened before the slow season so I could have had time to send it for repair.

For now, I am going to dig out my old NS7 and make sure that still works just in case I break something when I open up the MC6000.
Wish me luck ;)

Posted Sat 14 May 16 @ 2:28 pm
Update: I didn't open up the unit yet. I had 3 gigs this past weekend and didn't want to risk having to use the NS7 (no offense Numark, but the mic delay kills it.)
I did come up with a usable workaround though. I simply switched to using deck 3 (hit deck change button) on my left side and use the first mixer channel to control that. I rarely use 3 decks and almost never 4, so this workaround my just be my new way of working going forward.

Thanks again for the thoughts and advice.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)