Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vdj8 & iRemote

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Will iRemote be adapted to Vdj8? Actually the remote app does not support new elements of vdj script (for example groups, define, custom_button, ...)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 5:16 pm
Nobody home? No reaction at all!

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 11:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Are talking about skinning?

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 9:10 pm
locodog wrote :
Are talking about skinning?

Indeed. Can not use new words from vdj8 script in skin for ipad

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 7:39 am
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't personally know anything about making skins for the iRemote, but there are 3 available now, and out of the 3 I use the Virtual DJ 8 Pads skin. It actually made me bust out my daughter's iPad (that used to be mine before I went all Android on everything lol) to check out the new skins, and dude... don't give up! Because the ones I have tried so far have actually made me include the iPad into my sets. Before it was kinda cool to be able to use it as a sampler trigger, but I was never looking for something to control the decks, and they all seemed to focus on that, or at least have that aspect.
The way the new skins are turns my iPad into a super sampler controller, adding a ton of functionality. It's like having a multi-touch responsive sample pad that you can make do anything. I also really love the "Performance" skin, but it is more about cue point triggers than samples, so I mainly use this one when I plan on doing some heavy quick-mixing, because I can set in a bunch of cue points and play off those to move quickly around in a track. But for the most part I have a bunch of custom samples I use, and the "Pads" skin makes the iRemote program a HUGE value in my eyes.

So don't give up! Break down some of those skins and see what's what! I'd love to beta test some stuff if you need it :-)

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 9:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)