Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Copied database to another computer but tracks are not indexed for search by key?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running VirtualDJ 7 Home (the free version) on a Thinkpad T400, OS is Windows 7. I copied my MP3 library to this computer using the same username and folder structure as an installation on another computer, so all the file paths are exactly the same. I also copied the contents of My Documents\VirtualDJ.

But when I try to search for a track by key, I get no search results. Interestingly, I get results if I search by track name.

How can I search by key? Do I need to rescan all tracks on this new installation?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 4:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 5:37 pm
Yes, I've set "key" as the only search parameter.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 7:35 pm
I still have not solved this problem. Even when I rescan the tracks in the new installation of VirtualDJ, they don't show up when I search by key. They show up when I search by artist or name. Somehow the key is not getting indexed.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 8:43 am
Are you sure the tracks have keys in the tags (either in the ID3 tag or the VDJ database)?

If the key is stored in the ID3 tag, which tag is being used? Did you analyse for key in VDJ or another program?

Are you displaying the key column in the browser? Are you displaying/searching harmonic or musical key?

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 9:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)