Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping dedicated vinyl brake and echo out buttons help request

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good afternoon. I had to reinstall windows on my lappy so I decided to switch over to VDJ 8. I've got it configured to the point that I could almost play out with it (which is good because my next gig isn't for 2 weeks). I have a few small mapping questions for the experts. I was pretty good at mapping in VDJ 7 and had my Denon MC3000 completely remapped so I have some experience to draw upon but the VDJ 8s effects and effects parameters are foreign to me so far . . .

I need to map a dedicated button for the BrakeStart effect with set at 1 second. I like to remap my controller's sync button to a vinyl brake.

Secondly, I need to find an echo out effect for VDJ 8 and map it to a dedicated button.

Last, please let me know if there's any language I can add to my cue button mapping that will stop it from adding a cue point if the track is paused.

Thanks in advance for any help. These forums are a godsend.

Peace!

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 12:41 pm
To clarify, I'd like to stop the cue button from placing a temporary cue point.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 2:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
' effect_active 'BrakeStart' & effect_slider 'BrakeStart' 1 29% '
2 The echo out effect doesn't work nice with V8, Try playing with the echo effect you may be able to get the results you want.
3 I don't really understand couldn't you just delete the mapping/ re-purpose the button.

Posted Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 1:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)