Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: APIs needed in order for the plugin to work ?!?!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SP_IncControlleristMember since 2014
I've downloaded the header files from VirtualDJ8_SDK_20140529.zip (header files for all types of plug-ins) but I need to know what APIs are available. I was hoping VDJ had a document that shows us what APIs exist.

The information available so far, such as the header files, don't contain enough information. The headers enable you to make a DLL (plugin) that can be registered with VDJ. However the plugin would be useless because we don't know what APIs (functions, classes, etc...) to call to get the desired information or trigger an event.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 8:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The header files contain the class structures; this is the API. Couple with SendCommand and GetInfo (which use VDJScript) you have everything you need.

You declare your class as inheriting one of the relevant plugin classes and implement the required member functions and the functions you need.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:04 am
There is also some sample plugin source code available. Maybe Scott can point you to that exactly. Some source code is available in the plugin download area but not sure if there is for VDJ8.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:15 am
SP_IncControlleristMember since 2014
Thanks for the responses gents! Scott, do you have any of those sample plugins available? That would be very helpful.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)