Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 sounds 'warbley' sometimes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I've been using VDJ 8 at home now and from time to time the sound quality sounds funny. The only way I can describe it is that it sounds like it's underwater or warbly! My pc is an intel core 2 (2.4ghz) with 2.5gb memory and I'm using windows 7. I'm using a numark ns6. I don't have this problem when I use VDJ 7 on the same pc. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 5:51 pm
Top I don't use a controller. I USB out to a Peavey USB-2 audio interface. When I set VDJ 8 audio to exclusive audio access, mine sounds underwater also. If I remove the exclusive audio access feature, it sound great. I've read alot of comments on how great that feature is working for others, but in my case it seems it is butting heads with part of my setup. Might try removing the feature (if you're using it), and see if that helps.:-)

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 6:33 am
Thanks for your input. I've just found the option for exclusive audio access and mine is set to no. I'll change it to yes and see if that makes any difference. I still use VDJ 7 when I'm djing in the clubs and parties because I'm worried about the sound may start to act up like it does at home sometime. I'm also still concerned with the high cpu usage. I use VDJ 8 at home all the time and have done some mix CDs which sound fine and I really want to start using it on my dj laptop too.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 10:18 am
is there any chance that your filter knobs have moved?

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 1:34 pm
No the filter knobs haven't been moved. I thought it might have been related to when the cpu usage spikes but it doesn't seem to be that.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 3:16 pm
I thought I'd update this post just in case anybody else had similar issues. I found that the 'underwater' sound disappeared when I turned off master tempo. However I use master tempo when I mix so I digged further and noticed that when I changed the 'pitch quality' to a value of '2' there was no problem with the sound quality. So it all seems ok now but I will test it more just to make sure.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)