Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: vdj 8 keeps asking me to pay for it - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sean_metControlleristMember since 2014
it keeps asking me to pay for it "i only get 10 mins" even though ive paid ??

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:26 pm
Are you logging in to VDJ (using your forum name and p/w) when it starts up?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:31 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
There appears to be a problem with the server which handles the licensing. I just logged in and it took about 15 minutes or so for the authentication server to process the request. (I'm now waiting for the latest beta version to be installed.)

Someone tell me again why this remote authentication server is a good idea?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 2:58 pm
Hi guys

i have the same problem at a gig last night I booted up my macbook with my denon mc6000 asked me to login again !!!!!! no wifi or internet connection at the venue, it then only gave me 10 mins surley you don't need internet connection every time you use it I have been a pro user for 3 years now and never had this with 7

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 2:02 am
No you don't need an internet connection every time you use it.

How the license and login system works has been covered here many times. Have a search...

In brief, once you log in you should not log out.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 5:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If no Internet connection exists, then VirtualDJ will ask you to login ONLY in case you have logged out the last time you used this particular computer.
So, apparently you have logged out manually , and you shouldnt do that.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 4:42 pm
I think you can get logged out from one computer when you log in on another computer. I don't know how this might apply here but if it does it could be accidental and not take a manual log out. I suppose if the one machine is not online though, you will still be logged in on that machine. Maybe if you log in to another machine when both are online and take the other offline you will not be logged in on the offline machine when you try and bring VDJ back up.

I bounce back and forth on the 2 machines next to me and notice a log out when I log in officially on the other. So generally I just click the "Log in with VirtualDJ ID" and leave my password blank. This does not log me out of the other. When I include the password, it will ask me to log in again on the other machine.

If it is confusing to you reading this, it was confusing to me writing it :)

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 5:51 pm
Well, if you login from another computer it will for sure log you out of the other prior computer. So the following is pretty good advise...
- Prior to going to a place with no Internet Access, make sure your Laptop is authenticated with VirtualDj, and make sure you do NOT logoff when exiting the program.
- To test, disable you NIC/Wireless and launch VitualDj, it should go right in and will continue to do so for up to 30-days if I remember correctly.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 7:41 pm
I think the 30 days thing only applies to the new subscriber license.

If you bought and paid for VDJ 8 outright, then there should be no expiry.

The license checking can only happen when VDJ 8 can find a connection, so to quote Jurassic Park "simply deny them that".

Then if "life finds a way", all you need is a backup of the license file and Bob is you uncle once again.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 10:15 am
Why do I keep hearing this? I can't log in because, it won't let me do this or that because, I have a controller subscription but I have all these problems. Jeez guys, the VDJ staff is offering you the best, funnest, most versatile music, video, karaoke entertainment software available, ever, to entertain and wow your audience. If you want to be a KJ, Dj, or VJ, pay the $299.00, shut up, and learn how to use the software. (That'll take some study time!) It will make you look astounding!! It's 300 bucks! So what! That's pennies, if you want to sound and look good. Ya'll won't pay the price, or spend the time needed to learn the software, so ya complain! I'm 63 years old! My VDJ8 works perfect, without any flaws. So complainers, I invite and or challenge you to come forward and join me up here. The VDJ family. Those of us that so appreciate this software. It's so sunny up here...................

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:57 pm
martyokPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Why we don't have any answer from Atomix?

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 1:38 pm
Answers to what? You haven't asked a question.

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 1:44 pm
rujaglHome userMember since 2015
Called customer service yesterday and she told me I had to upgrade so upgrafed from virtual dj 7 to 8 and now vritual dj 8 is saying I have to pay. Why is that and what do I have to do now?

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:01 am
rujagl

You still have no license associated with your account, this is why you are being prompted to pay for a license.
If you have indeed purchased a Version 8 license then please put in a support ticket so that someone can look at this for you.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html
Thanks

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:37 am
Please give more information.

Which version of VDJ 7 do you have? Home, LE, Broadcast, Pro Basic, Pro Full?

Do you have a controller that you wish to use? If so, what is it?

(support beat me to it)

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:41 am
rujagl, BECAUSE YOU DO HAVE TO PAY FOR IT...

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 4:03 pm
Feeling ripped off here. bought my numark mt3 last month for £150 no 1 told me you had to pay for a licence after 30 days. And to be fair I won't be paying it neither ya robbing set of x. So now I'm stuck with a controller that's brand new and can't be used nice 1 for that. Looks like it's off on ebay and I'm off back to my hercules controller. Owt to make ya millions eh ya robbing set of X.

Language Moderated

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 9:26 pm
First of all, watch your language.

Secondly, I'm assuming you activated the 30 day LE trial. Once that expires you don't have to pay for anything. If you don't want to upgrade to Pro you still have the LE version that came with the controller and is perfectly functional. If you want the additional features of PRO only you can decide if it's worth the money.

Maybe you should do some research before coming on here shouting off.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 9:36 pm
Please mind your language on our forums.

Your controller license should not expire. Please ensure you are logged into the software and you should not be asked to pay again.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 10:15 pm
I subscribed to vdj 8 last night and got the license email. I downloaded into a computer WITH INTERNET but it doesn't work becuase of age I guess says something about video card. I then put into my hard drive to put into my other computer WITHOUT INTERNET connection and it works but only allowing me 10min for my board and I'm paying monthly for it. I'll be damn if they take my money. Can someone help me asap I have a gig today please.

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 5:33 pm
95%