Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: vdj8 sync problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just notice that the vdj8 doesn't sync well songs
the red/blue little cube need to be more closed to the attack pick i need all the time to fix the beatmix and to( + & - the band pitch) to correct the mix .
in the vdj7.4 for example i was not need to fix with the band pitch the mix .
this is the result take a look
vdj 8

vdj 7

what to you thinks?

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 9:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
In V7 the marker for the downbeat was positioned from the centre in V8 the marker is positioned to the left edge.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 9:55 pm
locodog wrote :
in V8 the marker is positioned to the left edge.

Ah, but in his pic the CBG blob is not to the left or in the centre. It's to the right. :-)

By the way, a nice list of dodgy looking web site URLs in the browser there.....

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Left edge of the marker, hence to the right of the peak

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 7:54 am
looks like the grid on your track needs to be fine tuned .... i Have to adjust almost every track and i must say get used to it cause some of my tracks i have to do more then once to get it to stick and some never do :-)

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 9:50 am
I think it's another algorithm system.
I must to say that many song that synchronize well on the 7.4 vdj . Not sitting together well in the vdj8 . All the time you need to band pitch + or - . The cubes in sync mode look perfect together on the mix, But you got off beat mix , as you see in the pics above the cube position are different. Vdj8 vs vdj7.
Do you thinks that Maybe the team development may fix this problem? Or its stay like this.?
Someone have the same problem? !

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:36 pm
I wish they do the same sync like vdj 7.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 4:26 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This is a big issue for me too! I am constantly adjusting to make songs sync. Never had this problem with VDJ7
I hope someone addresses this for us. Thank You.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 6:19 am
funcakesControlleristMember since 2013
Same for me. I used to be able to mix without headphones in vdj7, the sync was reliable like 95% of the time, then if it wasn't, you could see in the waves above

but now in vdj8 I *always* have to nudge it in. The BPM match is all good, but it won't lock beats. Thing is, the waves above *look* like they've found the beats, and the 4s, as well as vdj7, but in the mix I have to nudge them sometimes the waves above look a half beat off to get it clean in the output.

Weird thing is it worked perfectly once. As in load track, wait for it to load, press sync, locked. Just like vdj7. But just that once, I have no idea why.

Now I have no problem cueing on headphones, but half the point of the sync is that I'm free to throw in track after track, to run 4 decks, whatever. That's not practical for me live with vdj8 now :(

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 4:18 pm
I would like to report that the syncing in the Mac version has been horrible. It's giving delay starting and some options I can not save...

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 7:50 pm
Bizarrely, it worked as cleanly as vdj8 today, headphones unnecessary. Is this maybe a CPU thing? Or should I update the latency or priority or something?

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 8:58 pm
funcakes wrote :
Bizarrely, it worked as cleanly as vdj8 today, headphones unnecessary. Is this maybe a CPU thing? Or should I update the latency or priority or something?

I got a quad core Mac with 16GB of RAM. It shouldn't even touch any CPU usage...

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 1:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
DJ Emergency wrote :
I would like to report that the syncing in the Mac version has been horrible. It's giving delay starting and some options I can not save...

With build 2425?

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 7:26 am
adion ive seen it too with the latest beta

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 10:54 am
I meant as cleanly as vdj7 above ^^

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 5:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be fixed in build 2435

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 6:30 am
Looking good to me :)

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 7:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)