Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [NEWS] Pioneer DDJ-SR updated support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pioneer DDJ-SR official mapping files for version 8 have been updated to support the PAD PLUS mode

The PAD PLUS mode can be fully operated using :
- the latest beta build 1897
- the latest controller's version (builds ending at .738 (or higher)
- the unit is switched to Serato mode

If you dont switch the unit to Serato mode, it will be still functional (as it used to be).
If you dont wish to use the beta build, and need to wait for the public one, you can still use the unit on the "Other DJ application" mode (still functional)

An Operation Manual of the default mapping is available here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Pioneer%20DDJ-SR%20VirtualDJ%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:39 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks will grab the latest beta

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:31 pm
Thanks for the update. I have read the instructions and has the mapper, now not got some of the shift parameter function? As couldnt see it in the manual and now doesnt appear to be working?
Example when on hot cues - press shift and left or right would adjust the cbg , but it doesnt seem to be working, is it the new mapper? or have i done something?

Also as a backup how do i install the ddj sr mapper on vdj 7.41?

Thanks

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:18 pm
We are trying from now on, to map the devices according to the silkscreen and the "obvious" and reasonable functions.
so , yes the SHIFT +PARAMETER function to adjust the cbg is removed, and the operation guide of the unit doesnt mention anything about a cbg action either. It makes no sense to have such a function to the hotcues mode. What does adjust CBG have to do with the Hotcues anyways ?

If you still need that action back, you can still assign them and create a custom mapping of course.

Keep in mind that the updated mapping files and the PAD PLUS mode support is ONLY for version 8. The files of version 7 have not been updated and will not, as there is no way to support this mode with the available actions/features of version 7.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:59 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I only ask as the skin you created, shows the shift functions as mentioned, so now doesn't tie up with the skin (DDJ-SR). Which confused me as only got the ddj-sr yesterday and have a ddj-sx as well.
But like you say, cbg has nothing to do with hot cues. Thanks for the update and look forward to using it more.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:41 am
Will you be updating the skin to incorporate the pad plus mode and the changes? I know you are busy.

Thanks

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 5:27 am
Why cant I download this mapper?

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 4:42 pm
You will need to purchase a Pro Infinity license in order to download the mapper and use the device with version 7.

For version 8, you can test the unit with the Home Free version, but requires a PLUS or a Pro Infinity license in order to fully use the controller (without a license the controller will work for 10 minutes each time you restart VDJ)

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 10:19 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djDAD

Is there a way we can change the level of deck 3 & 4 to 100% during start-up It always 0% when opening V8 with SR connected. I tried it on ONINIT but seems don't get it correctly.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 1:42 am
no i am afraid that those are set to 0% from the unit (firmware itself), but why would you want something like that ?

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 2:10 am
Do you have ETA when you will be updating this skin roughly? Thanks

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 12:08 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djdad wrote :
but why would you want something like that ?

Inquisitiveness...
I'm kinda use to when using v7 or even v8 with utility set to other software. Not really an issue in anyway.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 1:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)