Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Kontrol s4 mk2 + VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

infoHome userMember since 2014
Hi, does anyone know if this is possible. Ive loaded a file called traktor s4 mk2 custom mapping but when i click on the page in the options there is nothing there, which i believe indicates the mapping isnt loaded properly.

I have the s4 in midi mode and have the controller editor open. Cant find anything on the web, Id pay for a mapping but the ones ive found seem to relate to the mk1

This is driving me mad, thanks.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 3:32 pm
djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Same issue - same situation. Anyone have any info on this? I would be down to code my own, but it seems that the documentation for mapping for VDJ 8 is not available yet...at least...that's what it says in the VDJPedia. I see that the controller definition syntax is available, but not a mapping one. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. What I would really like to do is use HID instead of MIDI, as it seams the MK2 can use HID or MIDI.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 3:35 pm
It's not an easy task to brake the HID protocol of NI devices (since NI does not provide any documentation for it)
You would have to use the MIDI protocol instead.

The mapping guide for version 8 is coming soon, but it's not that different from v7 really. Most changes are in the list of available "commands" (aka verbs)

PS: We try to support all NI devices in HID mode. However we must have a unit available in order to do so.
We already support X1MK2, Z1, S2MK2 and F1 is next on on the list. After F1, S2 will be next as these are the devices we have access to.
If we obtain access to an S4MK2 then we will support it in HID as well!

Thanks!

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 3:55 pm
i would send my traktor z2 in a heartbeat to get it hid mapped..

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 9:27 am
I have an S4 MKII and would be completely willing to participate in any way possible via Skype, Google HO, or TeamViewer sessions. However, not too sure I am willing to send my S4 away to get this done (unless it can be done in a week or so I guess). I am fairly savoy with XML and other various coding languages. I think I could be of some help in this situation. Honestly, how much different can the S2 be from the S4?

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 8:36 pm
Cliffy2Home userMember since 2014
Hi I have just bought a new controller S4 mk2 ... Will there be some software available for this soon if there is I will buy the Virtual DJ software will S to mark to work for controlling it basically?

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 7:20 am
I have a very early stage midi map and Controller Editor preset created. It's not finished by any stretch, but it gives you a lot of the basic functionality, even in 4 channels, if you guys want, I can post what I have so far. Perhaps finishing it could be a group effort?

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:03 pm
hi,
is this mapping that you build for the traktor S4 mk2 ready for use with VDJ8?
i glad to hear it
grtz

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 12:16 pm
We were not able to get our hands on a S4 MKII yet.
If we do, it will be supported!

Posted Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:06 pm
mjay350PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I am also looking for a mapper for the S4 MK2 controller. Any idea when it will be released for VDJ8. Have used Traktor Pro but prefer VDJ8 for numerous reasons.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 2:18 pm
^^^
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We were not able to get our hands on a S4 MKII yet.
If we do, it will be supported!

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 2:23 pm
Also waiting for this controller update

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 10:41 pm
I have a S4 MKII and I would be willing to send it to you
so you can get your hands on a S4 MKII
just let me know

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 12:13 pm
Send Phantom a PM - as he is in Greece it should be possible.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 1:18 pm
mjay350PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I would be happy to make a financial contribution to have this controller mapped and available in VDJ8.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 1:35 am
We don't need (or ask) for financial contribution in order to support unit(s).

If someone is really interested to help speed up the process of supporting the device, please drop me a PM.
We have various ways to achieve things, but it's better not to discuss them in public. :)

Thanks!

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 5:29 am
hola: yo creo que deben hacer un post el cual refiera como hacer el hid de cualquier dispositivo, por lo menos las bases, para los usuarios que nesesitemos hacer uso de estas, ya que no es lo mismo in midi simple, que usar el dispositivo con funciones y leds al 100%

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 9:29 pm

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 2:06 am
Support for this just arrived after last build. My own configuration was over written but the added functionality made up for that. Great job guys!

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 12:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)