Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashed during gig. VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Playing live at a club in London and made to look silly when the software crashed 1 hour into my set. Had to fall back to the VDJ 7 LE version that came with my Numark MixTrack quad. Not happy at all.
PC is a pentium D 3.2Ghz dual core, 4GB ram. Windows 8.1 VDJ 7LE preformed perfectly for the rest of e night but how can I use the pro version if it's going to crash out half way into a set.
The same pc runs all the other dj softwares fine. Serato dj intro that cam with my MixTrack pro2, tracktor and PC DJ all run fine as well as the LE version on VDJ 7. It's just VDJ 8 Pro that crashes.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 4:39 pm
VirtualDJ v8 is very new software and may still have some bugs. However, it is now very stable now for the majority of users. As explained in the disclaimer on the purchase page, VirtualDJ v8 does not yet have the same maturity as v7 (Which had over a decade of development), so if you have an important event then you should consider using v7 or at least have a backup system on standby ready to go should you encounter any problems (Regardless of what software you use, you should always have a backup solution that you can fall back on.) You should also always fully test any new software and/or software updates thoroughly at home before going live with it.

NOTE: If you experience a crash with v8 that you are able to replicate, please report in the VirtualDJ v8 bug reports forum so that the development team can investigate and fix it.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 1:25 pm
djfabiozPRO SubscriberMember since 2013
hi there! I played last night for the first time with version 8 and after an hour my system has collapsed ... it was off the pc and I continued the nite with version 7 ... in more than 10 years is the first time that happens to me ... now I'm traumatized and I do not know if I'll use more version 8

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 9:47 pm
As already posted above, VirtualDJ v8 is very new software and may still have some bugs. However, it is now very stable now for the majority of users. As explained in the disclaimer on the purchase page and also in the forum announcements about v8 when it was first released, VirtualDJ v8 does not yet have the same maturity as v7 (Which had over a decade of development), so if you have an important event then you should consider using v7 or at least have a backup system on standby ready to go should you encounter any problems (You should always have a backup solution that you can fall back on, even when using v7.) You should also always fully test any new software and/or software updates thoroughly at home before going live at a gig with it.

NOTE: If the software crashes, please try to remember what you were doing at the time and then try to replicate it later at home with an active Internet connection. If you are able to replicate the crash, please report it in the VirtualDJ v8 bug reports forum so that the development team can investigate and fix it.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 7:37 am
Thankfully I do always have a backup in the shape of my CD decks that always has a cd cued ready to go and did save me that night. I was testing vdj8 for some time before I went live with it. I will hang out for a little while and keep with vdj7 but again always have a backup ready to go. I do and have always done so.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:48 am
I really don't like the idea that due to some disclaimer you guys are basically telling long time users of your software to use the older version as opposed to the vdj8 at gigs. We waited along time for vdj8 as it was so highly promoted and now other than playing with it at home it's not stable enough to use at our gigs. Leads me to believe that the company didn't test vdj8 in the clubs before they released it. Has to really suck for anyone that didn't purchase virtual dj until version 8. You pay good money for 8 only to have to down grade to vdj 7 for stablitity. I hope that you guys stop relying on that disclaimer and get these issues taken care of. My first experience with dj software was with virtual dj, over the years I have recommended it to other dj's transitioning from vinly to software. I can't recommended vdj 8 to anyone and no one I know that used previous versions of virtual dj use vdj8. That can't be a positive thing! I would think you'd want to see vdj8 being used at as many gigs as possible, maybe not!

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:01 am
@ldb1968
I'm certain Atomix is working on the issues. The development on VDJ up to v7.4 was endless and produced a fantastic application
To imply that Atomix is hiding behind a disclaimer is ridiculous. The disclaimer is basically a reminder to us all to use some common sense when working with new software.
Does it suck to have a crash during your gig? Indeed. Sucks even more to be unprepared for the crash.

It has been stated before but I'll say it again; y'all piss and whine because the software was not released soon enough and now that it's released y'all piss and whine because it was released "too soon". Grow up and take some responsibility for your own gigs & your own business. You took the app to the club and spun with it, that's on YOU.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 1:55 pm
Not sure if there was a update. However playing around at home with VDJ 8 with my Mixtrack Quad I am no longer able to get it to crash in the same way it did on the night. :-)

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 4:39 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Momma says, you just gotta try harder son.... lol

Glad its coming together for you.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 3:50 pm
The customer service this company has is the absolute worst......and yes they do hide behind disclaimers because they know they are ripping people off.......that's why you can't talk to an actual person. Hire good software designers and ya dont have these type of problems after release. Pay good money to worry constantly. Windows media is a step up and free. And by the way I design software for cnc machines. I unfortunately can't release software that "crashes"........ruining a $100,000 part.......

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 10:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)