Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Not loading playlists correctly - path corruption

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JMHUKPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have a number of playlists in my VDJ Playlist folder (on my Mac). The files themselves are very simple (they were created with VDJ7) and consist of one line per track, e.g.:
/data/media/MP3/Contemporary/m/Bruno Mars/Bruno Mars - Treasure.mp3

However - none of these playlists will load in VDJ8. They all work perfectly in VDJ7, and other apps such as VLC; but VDJ8 seems to corrupt the path when loading the playlist e.g. into Automix. The track shows up in the window but it won't play, and no file info is shown.

Looking further into it, when I drag one of these tracks onto a deck, an error box appears and I can right-click on this and choose 'Edit', which reveals the filename VDJ8 uses. In the example above, the filename was as follows - you will notice that VDJ8 has inserted an extra section at the start of the path, for no particular reason I can think of :(
/Users/jonathan/data/media/MP3/Contemporary/m/Bruno Mars/Bruno Mars - Treasure.mp3

All I can think of, is that VDJ8 has some code in its playlist loader to "automatically" fix "corrupt" playlists with paths that don't start with /Users, /Volumes etc. on a Mac (presumably also on Windows it would check for C:\ etc.?
<sarcasm>I mean, who would ever put their MP3s in an "invalid" path such as /data/media/MP3? </sarcasm>

I'm not about to move all my MP3s; these playlists work perfectly with VDJ7 and others.

Can anyone else confirm this? I've contacted support (ticket 227230) but they've been unable to help beyond suggesting I post here.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 2:46 am
In case anybody else is following this issue.. I still have not had the above support ticket resolved.

I don't know how best to contact Atomix apart from via the support ticket mechanism - I tried the live chat but just ended up waiting stuck in front of my computer for 3 hours, before it timed out saying nobody was available.

Suggestions welcome - I believe I can clearly show this is a bug in VDJ8, but I can't get in touch with Atomix to do so :(

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I can reproduce the bug. Reported to Dev Team. We will provide a fix soon.
We apologize for any delay.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 4:07 pm
Thanks djdad - *much* appreciated. I've no idea why it has taken ten months to get to this point, but glad we're here. Please let me know if I can test or help in any way - I'd quite like to take my first look at VDJ8 and try it out! :)

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 7:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Bug is fixed in Beta build 2229

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)