Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Content Unlimited intermitingly not loading search results in audio.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello I am new to virtual dj and the whole content unlimited. The problem i am having is that randomly the content unlimited will not display search results for the audio. I know the results exist because I have tried it on an artist that game me significant results before. I made sure I was searching in the correct tab as well. please help!!!

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 11:09 am
First thing to check is your login status within the software - license panel in config.

Then your internet connection - which presumably is ok as you post here.

Do you have any specific examples of tracks you can't find?

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 11:13 am
My login status is good, internet connection is good as well. As far as the artist or song it happens on any of them. I.E. If I've searched Eminem and it gave me results then I search other songs or artists randomly it will eventually stop giving me results even if I search Eminem again because I know there are results for that artist. I hope I'm making sense.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:30 am
I have had this same problem, very frustrating.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 11:57 am
I am having the same issue and it is really bugging me. If you guys stop allowing Rhapsody to be used in VDJ8, then the content unlimited needs to work! I am beyond pissed at this point. Mine does the same thing, I will be searching audio fine for 5, 10 maybe 15 minutes and it starts showing only video for every search. "Vevo" to be exact. I don't have a video or karaoke subscription. I went to config., changed it to force audio only, unchecked video and karaoke options, did the same on the quick options, still shows video. Restart the computer, release/renew ip address, direct Ethernet connection instead of wifi, restart computer, nothing. I tried at three different times of the day yesterday and it still wasn't working. This morning it worked for about 15 minutes. I downloaded 5 songs to my cache, went to type in a 6th (Lady Gaga-Just Dance) and it switched to showing video only again. Tried several different artists, songs, nothing! All video! tHIS IS A HUGE BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP! You can't charge people for something that doesn't work. I love VDJ but this is putting a really bad taste in my mouth. I have tried EVERY POSSIBLE way to fix this with no resolve. It has to be a bug or server problem. I have read others have complained about the same issue. It works for a little bit and stops, nothing is changed in settings when it just switches to showing only video. I go back in to settings, it shows everything set right, go back to search, video only! HELP!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 2:14 pm
I can send pics and videos if needed.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 2:53 pm
Wabby_dPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I just paid for this service, it worked for 15 minutes and then wen dead on me...you can see searches with blue icon on them (instead of red) and it loads with error!!! HELPPPPPP!!!
Now its back to working again....but I need to understand if this is how it will function...

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:02 pm
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
its dead right now again, this has happened to me from time to time as well...

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 1:03 pm
This is still not resolved. I am having the exact same issues and it is making me crazy!!

I have found the only way to get it working again is to reboot. I tried killing all the VDJ services I could find, resetting all networking services, logging out of the user both in VDJ and the computer itself but, in the end, the only thing that works is a full reboot... Not really a viable solution during a gig!

I am seriously considering moving away from VDJ (who I have been with for 8+ years now) to something else that still supports Rhapsody/Spotify offline content.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 11:01 am
Same Problem Here. I had some results for couple minutes then GONE!!! NONE !!! just upgraded to VDJ8. I'm spending $10 each month for nothing !!!! Come On PPL - HELP US HERE !!!!

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 1:36 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
adam2410 wrote :
Same Problem Here. I had some results for couple minutes then GONE!!! NONE !!! just upgraded to VDJ8. I'm spending $10 each month for nothing !!!! Come On PPL - HELP US HERE !!!!

There have been some major changes to the audio portion of CU over the past month. You need the current Beta release to get it to work.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 10:15 am
Since upgrading to VDJ Version 8 I can not get the search engine running continuously is thissomething with the upgrade or what is going on why pay $10 a month if its not going to work?
Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 6:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)