Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: why sampler pads not work correctly from a controller vs keyboard or direct from a skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

here is the problem. when i press play to any sampler pad from the keyboard or in the skin with the mouse it work ok and sync to the music from any deck, but if i press play from my controller it plays but not in sync mode why??? i change the the format in the mapper but still don't work properly
this is how is in my controller;
leftdeck ? sampler 2 play_stop & sampler 2 select : sampler 6 play_stop & sampler 6 select

comp keyboard;
sampler 2 play_stop

the default map from vdj 8;
sampler_pad 2
but still not work in sync
note; the option sampleroutputtotriggerdeck is mark yes, in this happen when the sampler is in the appositive deck. example 1,2,3,4 deck 1 but the song is in deck2 5,6,7,8 deck 2 but the song is in deck 1. if the music is playing in the same deck as the samplers it work properly. if is in the same deck i can move the pitch slider and the sampler keep in sync only with the default deck

please any ideas how to map
or is some defect from vdj8 ????

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 7:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which controller is mapped like that ?
Normally the buttons should be simply mapped as sampler_pad x , without any leftdeck ? /rightdeck ?
and in the definition the layout of the pads should be defined

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 8:23 am
it was map for vdj7 for vdj8 is in the way you said sampler_pad x, i was just explaining how it was map before and now but either way it doesn't work,

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 10:59 am
You still havent told us which controller is that

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 5:16 pm
Sorry stantondjc4 and mac mini with the latest version

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 11:13 am
Here is how almost all controllers are mapped in version 8 (and the Stanton unit follows that as well) ...
The right sided pads will trigger the same samples as the left ones, if the amount of the samples in a bank is less or equal to the amount of the available pads.
So if the unit has 4+4 pads to trigger samples, the 4 right ones will control samples 5-8, if the Bank has more than 4 samples and will control the same 1-4 samples like the left side, if the bank has less samples than 5.
In this way, you dont have to switch the left side of yoru controller if you wish to control the 4 first samples, and the layout you will see on the Sideview (Sampler) will match that behavior as well.

Keyboard is different. It has no sides, so you just need to assign sampler_pad x to each key in order to control each sample individually.

In case you need your controller not to behave as above, yes you need to change the mapper a bit, and instead of just assign them as sampler_pad x, you will to need to assign the keys like..
device_side 'left' ? sampler_pad 1 : sampler_pad 5
device_side 'left' ? sampler_pad 2 : sampler_pad 6
etc

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 11:33 am
The mapper that comes with vdj8 is mapped in the way you said sampler pad x and it can control all.8 sampler but that's not the problem. The problem is that when I press the button the sampler plays at they own bpm (out of sync) example I have a song playing in deck 1(left side) and the sampler is in the #5 pad (right side) the sampler doesn't match the bpm from the song, but if the sampler is #2 pad (same side as the song )it work perfectly and keep the song synchronized to the sampler. Note: this happen just from my controller. if I click with the mouse in the sampler it also work with no problems

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 1:15 am
Thats really strange..i cant reproduce it. This was an old bug, which must have been fixed already. Are you sure you are running the latest available builds (1834 or 1845) ?

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 9:34 am
i was running 1832 but even now i update to 1834 the problem is still there, i will try with another controller to see how they work and i let you know

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 5:11 am
I Have A Serious Problem I Downloaded A Few Sample Packs From The Official Website Now I Cant Get The Samples To Play When I Use My Controller And I Cant Find the Original Samples Can Someone Help Please

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 5:47 pm
oops! was gonna answer but realise this is hell of old...

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 11:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)