Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping Numark Mixtrack II to Virtual DJ Pro 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I own a Numark Mixtrack II (not pro) and have previously been using VDJ 7 LE. On the controller it has the filter knob and the LED pad below to reset the filter value to 0. I have now purchased VDJ Pro 8 and love the new updated filter. My problem is that the reset pad doesn't do anything. I am a beginner to mapping controllers to VDJ and am hoping someone could tell me how to map a button to change the filter value to 0. And also if possible make the LED to the pad be lit when the fader is at 0.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 5:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The PAD right below the BEATS knob which is mapped to control the Filter has dual operation. It triggers a 16 beat Loop and when Shift is pressed it acts like beat_tap (for manual tapping the tempo of a song)
so the TAP key in the default mapper is assigned as ..
var 'shift' ? loop 16 : beat_tap
and the LED_TAP is assigned as ..
var 'shift' ? loop 16 : on
If you wish to replace the beat_tap action with something to reset your filter, you need to assign it as ...
TAP : var 'shift' ? loop 16 : filter 50%
and the LED_TAP key as ..
var 'shift' ? loop 16 : filter 50% ? off : on

In case you dont need the LOOP 16 action at all you need to assign them as ..
TAP : filter 50%
filter 50% ? off : on

or if you wish the LOOP 16 to be a SHIFT action instead of the Filter reset....
TAP : var 'shift' ? filter 50% : loop 16
var 'shift' ? filter 50% ? off : on : loop 16

To change the action of any Key , goto Config-->Controllers tab, select the device you need to change its actions (e.g. the Numark) from the left top list and then select the Key from the large left list and edit the action right below, in the Action field.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 7:57 pm
Thank you! I got it to work and added a blink to it as well.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 1:05 pm
dvjfoeHome userMember since 2015
hello guys my problem is, I have numark mixtrack 2 not pro , the problem is that I upgrade my software from virtual dj 7.4 to 8, once I install my controller it show on and show massage that it will do for only ten minutes until I crack my software, problem come after crack the controller not connected to the software how can I fix this problens

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 5:44 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dvjfoe wrote :
hello guys my problem is, I have numark mixtrack 2 not pro , the problem is that I upgrade my software from virtual dj 7.4 to 8, once I install my controller it show on and show massage that it will do for only ten minutes until I crack my software, problem come after crack the controller not connected to the software how can I fix this problens

The best way to get your controller to work properly and reliably with the software is to purchase the software and not crack it.
Your controller is shutting off after ten min. because you do not have the proper license to use a controller with the software.
Cracking it inevitably leads to issues, like what you having.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 1:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)