Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: skin xml lines and class_defines

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a hard time to get thing working properly with the new xml line now there is two separate lines instead one and if i delete one line i get a error, so is there an easy way to get the skin working but without problems, it seem like the class define lines is causing the problem, so how to star the new xml. the fir lines until the waves forms is working till this time but how to add the define lines???????

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 9:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The structure remains the same, however version 8 introduces the nested structure. So you can have...
<panel>
<elements>
</element>
<element>
</element>
</panel>
..without having to add panel="...." to each nested element.

Same goes with <group> and others. So if you delete a line, just make sure it doesn't break the structure. I would suggest to use an XML Editor or an advanced Text editor like Notepad++ in order to see how the <...> </...> are structured.

Btw, the <group> is not something that affects the skin itself. Is more like a tool to help you group elements together and make the xml easier to read and understand.
Appart from grouping elements together, the <group> also can have x=".." y=".." and the nested elements have relative positions instead of absolute. This helps in case you will need to move the entire group by simply changineg the x, y of the group instead of each nested elements individually.
<group name="...." y="" y="" >
</group>
name is optional

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:12 pm
Thanks men the thing is that I was already getting in touch with the old xml lines and I'm not an expert editing things bit this new lines are getting me crazy and yeah I was moving some parts so I noticed that the whole pannel move but lime I said if I don't need something how I do because if I delete a line they for.sure gimme an error. For now Im going to keep learning how this thing work

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 2:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)