Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help With a Skin Panel Script

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Fellow VDJ Users.....In need of some help finding a script to map a keyboard key to toggle between the different skin panels in VDJ 8 such as Audio Mixer, Scratch Mixer Video Mixer and Master Mixer. I Was able to find a script for this in VDJ 7 but the same script will not work for VDJ8. Below is the script for VDJ7. Thanks for your help in advance!

VDJ7 Script for toggling Skin Panel:
skin_panel "mixer" ? skin_panel "scratch" & skin_panel "mixer"select : skin_panel "mixer" & skin_panel "mixer" select

Thanks, Eddie

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 2:54 pm
This will work:
skin_panelgroup 'mixer' +1

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 3:41 pm
THANK YOU DAN!......YOU DA' MAN!.....I've gotten so used to using this Script in VDJ 7 for Adding Cues, Etc with a Larger Waveform That I felt Something was missing when I started using VDJ 8!

Thanks Again!,
Eddie A

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 6:00 pm
related,,,,i want a script to toggle to mixer view when keyboard shortcut is pressed(not held down), and change to scratch view when pressed again. the above script just cycles through the 3 panels....i want to switch directly to only two panels.. mixer and scratch.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
use the action learn button in the mapping window to learn the panel names

consult
www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript Examples Database.html

and look at
Switch between the default wave & scratch wave

right at the bottom, combine what you have learnt.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:10 am
thanks man!!!! needed a little push :P

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:15 am
another thing...the script i am using is also mapped to switch between two other panels...and it is intefering with the other script...how do i "separate" two scripts...when i use "&", it just inteferes with the other script...do i use brackets or something like that??

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:29 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Again

locodog wrote :

consult
www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript Examples Database.html

and look at
Switch between the default wave & scratch wave

right at the bottom.

Look at what it does, checks if one panel is visible, if it is it gets another panel, if it isn't it gets the panel queried.
That's the script you want to switch between 2 panels, just put your panel names in

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)